By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony should admit bankruptcy...

Ka-pi96 said:
eyeofcore said:
uran10 said:
Sony is pretty darn close to bankruptcy... Especially if they continue to bleed money like this. Quite frankly I want it to happen so I can have a ball... the entire industry would suffer but Japanese third party would have no choice but to work with nintendo so its a win/win for me :)

It would actually be a win for Japanese third party...

How so? The Japanese 3rd parties that sell games on PlayStation do so because they just don't sell anywhere near as much software on other consoles. They've tried, it didn't work. No Sony would be a big blow for Japanese console gaming.

Don't be narrow, without Sony it would shift to Nintendo...

One console and handheld is easy to support than two of each...

Around the Network

Well we can see why you're not running a corporation.

eyeofcore said:
Conina said:
eyeofcore said:
Conina said:
Didn't Nintendo have a higher market cap than Sony earlier this year? Where do they stand now?

It seems that investors still see a higher potential in Sony in spite of their current financial situation.

Nintendo and Sony market cap is similar...

http://ycharts.com/companies/NTDOY/market_cap

http://ycharts.com/companies/SNE/market_cap

13 and 20.7 are similar?

It changed thought...

http://www.forbes.com/companies/nintendo/

Ninty 16.62B$...

Yes, it changed. From $16.62 B to $12.95 B

Ka-pi96 said:
eyeofcore said:
Ka-pi96 said:

How so? The Japanese 3rd parties that sell games on PlayStation do so because they just don't sell anywhere near as much software on other consoles. They've tried, it didn't work. No Sony would be a big blow for Japanese console gaming.

Don't be narrow, without Sony it would shift to Nintendo...

One console and handheld is easy to support than two of each...

I don't think it would. Without Sony I'd expect Japanese 3rd parties to shift mostly to mobile and tablet games, with a few going for PC.

What you wish for, not what would happen...

Ka-pi96 said:
eyeofcore said:

Should be the title of your thread...

/thread lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network

I'm not sure what will happen to Sony in the near future. I don't know what the business terminology for it is, but I would expect Sony to split up divisions of their company and sell each to the highest bidder. But Sony would hold on to their profitable ones, such as their insurance and the PlayStation brand.

If Sony does declare bankruptcy, it's worth noting that bankruptcy doesn't necessarily mean the company goes away.

But hey, I don't run a business. So what do I know?

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Man OP, you're on fire today.

Ka-pi96 said:
eyeofcore said:

Should be the title of your thread...

...Because we wish for reality to kick in... I am waiting...

gooch_destroyer said:
Man OP, you're on fire today.

I wonder why? Anything happen!?

I don't see this happening. If anything, Sony would probably spin Playstation off into an independent company.