By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony should admit bankruptcy...

veritaz said:
This thread should be closed. It's just a Nintendo fan wanting a competitor to go bankrupt which is despicable considering this is a job for people and not a toy your imagination can think up. No good could come from a thread like this.

Bold; Get your facts straights... Plus I don't even own anything Nintendo in entirety of my life...

Around the Network

sony is a LOOOOOOONG way from declaring bankruptcy. To even suggest this means that we shouldn't even take what you are saying seriously or/and that you have no idea what you are talking about.

For sony to go bankrupt, they must first be in a position where not a single facet of their business s making any money. And that will have to happen for at least 4/5 years before its deemed as an option, and that option only exists after they have put themselves up for sale and no one bought them.

As it stand, they would first cut off every part of their business that is causing them to bleed money and focus only on the parts that turn a profit.. eg Playstation, Insurance, Cameras, Projectors, sony pictures. The would cut off everything else and go back to turning a profit.

There are just so many options for them that its really silly even making a thread like this.

Conina said:
eyeofcore said:
Conina said:
Didn't Nintendo have a higher market cap than Sony earlier this year? Where do they stand now?

It seems that investors still see a higher potential in Sony in spite of their current financial situation.

Nintendo and Sony market cap is similar...

http://ycharts.com/companies/NTDOY/market_cap

http://ycharts.com/companies/SNE/market_cap

13 and 20.7 are similar?

It changed thought...

http://www.forbes.com/companies/nintendo/

Ninty 16.62B$...

What is market cap of Sony's Gaming Division?

veritaz said:
This thread should be closed. It's just a Nintendo fan wanting a competitor to go bankrupt which is despicable considering this is a job for people and not a toy your imagination can think up. No good could come from a thread like this.

And this is a Sony fan accusing others.

WhiteEaglePL said:
veritaz said:

Sorry but the intent isn't masked at all. You even agreed with it so you don't have room to talk. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
eyeofcore said:
veritaz said:

Bold; Get your facts straights... Plus I don't even own anything Nintendo in entirety of my life...

I find that VERY hard to believe.

But I never owned anything Sony, but my parents did.

Is that hard to believe as well?

why the double post,btw

veritaz said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
veritaz said:

Sorry but the intent isn't masked at all. You even agreed with it so you don't have room to talk. 

But your nudging away my valid opinion. That's rude.

Ka-pi96 said:
eyeofcore said:
veritaz said:

I find that VERY hard to believe.

Believe what you want...  :)

Or they could just axe their mobile division completely and be quite reasonably profitable by the first quarter of teh next financial year. Though I hope they don't have to do that and the mobile division can at least become a break even division. I like Sony phones.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

There are plenty of great licenses that nintendo already cant be assed to work on.
metroid for example.

If Sony is actually about to go bankrupt (in which it isn't), the company will cut the fat and downsize to only profitable divisions. I personally won't mind if Sony becomes a smaller company because I care more about Playstation than any of their other divisions anyways.