By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub PS+ Delayed Until Further Notice, Head of PS France says its not a server issue but "an error in the programming of the game"

Landguy said:
Doctorslim said:
MoHasanie said:

Titanfall. 

This. Had 0 issues with Titanfall on XB1 at launch

Here are some links:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/03/11/xbox-live-down-on-titanfall-launch-day/

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/03/17/what-titanfall-launch-problems-mean-for-microsoft.aspx

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/03/after-connection-glitches-at-launch-ea-issues-titanfall-patch-overnight/

I am not a titanfall hater, but problems are problems...

To be fair though, Titanfall was 3rd party. This is a high profile first party supposed launch title, hell it was on my to buy list on launch. Given the issues now, I'm really glad they didn't even attempt to release at launch but, with all the priviledged access first party studios have, it really really should have been much better than this.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Hang on. They are cancelling the free version because they cant deliver the online aspects yet or in the forseeable future. To be fair, I dont see this as a big deal at all, after all it would have been "free".

However... what about the people that paid for it. Refunds should be immediate.

This game should have been canned before launch. They clearly new when they launched it that it was broken.

Very poor indeed.

Oh stop it.

It's funny how people claim Sony gets a pass for this mess in a thread that's nothing but, close down the studio, give everyone a refund, public apology, there will never be a sequel. And that's even mild compared to http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-30-sony-postpones-driveclub-ps-plus-edition

The server code is a mess. It's obvious they didn't do a real stress test simulating a million concurrent users or it would have been obvious that the code couldn't handle that. A closed beta / 10.000 user stress test for a game that accesses online for every race, up and downloading ghosts, face-offs and leader boards, with a free ps+ version planned, ridiculous. Whoever made that decision should definitely be fired.

I'm looking forward to the extra content regardless. The challenges will arrive eventually. For now the hyper cars are just so much fun to drive. Damn that reverse 2nd Scottish track, lots of dangerous air time.

Not sure why they couldn't just give the PS+ version with online disabled.

Anyways, this whole Driveclub launch has been a total disaster.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Not sure why they couldn't just give the PS+ version with online disabled.

Anyways, this whole Driveclub launch has been a total disaster.

Stop giving Sony a pass, man

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Hang on. They are cancelling the free version because they cant deliver the online aspects yet or in the forseeable future. To be fair, I dont see this as a big deal at all, after all it would have been "free".

This game should have been canned before launch. They clearly new when they launched it that it was broken.

Very poor indeed.

In what way is it 'free'? Do you consider movies or TV shows you watch on netflix free? Probably not. You are paying for a service and this is part of the service.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

There are loosing marketshares at sight. Forza and The Crew will be big.

kowenicki said:
Dusk said:
kowenicki said:

Very poor indeed.

In what way is it 'free'? Do you consider movies or TV shows you watch on netflix free? Probably not. You are paying for a service and this is part of the service.

I said it was "free", not free.

I read your qoutes as literal, that's usually what double quotes stand for. Direct quote as opposed to a concept with single quotes. But it's not a hard rule by any means. We were actually meaning the same thing LOL. I appreciate the feed back. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Fancy having the nerve to call it a beautiful mistake.
it sounds like it more systemic than just a coding error by the gradual approach to fixing it that they have adopted..

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
kowenicki said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

[...]

What stress testing? There was no public test, they couldn't have known. Not doing a test is irresponsible in its own right however.

there was a closed beta though, a closed beta for a heavy online game.... yep.

Somebody needs to get fired. o_o

Indeed. The interview explains it's not a problem of server infrastructure, but of the game SW itself. It's not very specific beyond that, though, I'm curious about what kind of error it could be. That exec made it clear it's not a trivial one, so maybe they botched the whole design of the communication scheme between clients and servers, so flooding the latter, when the number of players increase, with too many data, maybe also fragmented in too many small packets.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!