By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU Overtracked, 300k+, Xbox One-Wii U gap down to 550k?

Miyamotoo said:
We have official numbers for Wii U, 7.29m for 31. september.

What are oficial numbers for Xbox One for 31. september?

We don't know because MS put 360 and One shipments together but its about 7.3-7.5m

Around the Network

man all these numbers everywhere, come on vgchartz get it right

Ok. When does Microsoft release the Xbox streaming thing again?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Seece said:
eyeofcore said:
Seece said:

VGC has the Wii U at 7.34m as of October 4th compared to 7.29m shipped at the end of September. This mean we have sold > shipped 50k.

Overtracked at least 300k. If not more.

As I suspected, looking at Nintendo shipping info it's Europe that is overtracked.

VGC has end of September

XB1 sold 5.75m Vs 7.3 - 7.5m shipped
WiiU sold 7.34m Vs 7.39m shippped

Obviously one figure is overtracked and one under!

The gap end of September is likely around 800k, leaving 1.1m - 1.3m XB1's on shelves, and 300k WiiU's on shelves.

Factor in the rest of Oct 4th sales, Oct 11th and Oct 18th (230k in total) and that 800k gap decreases to 570k.

Nintendo shipped 610K in Q3 this year, 203K per month so by now 7,5 shipped Wii U's and  shipments are probably considerably higher this quarter so we could have 7.6 million Wii Us by now shipped...

Anyway how do you know if there is 300k Wii U on shelves? Any proof? If that was true Nintendo  and/or would have reduced shipments...

*shaking my head* If they shipped that much in the last 4 weeks, it's for xmas stock. It has not sold through.

End of September is around 7m sold +. Right now is that + what they've sold in October.

Seece... In same time frame last year Nintendo shipped 300K and this year 610K for Q3 this year(Q2 fiscal Nintendo)...

On Oct-Dec last year they shipped  1.95K so in Oct they could ship 300-400K this year at mmax...

bold; Xmas is 1.5 months away... Too soon... Biggest shippments are in Nov-Dev...

I zhink there are 150-200 Wii Us in stock by now/on shelves...

Lots of litte pokes and snarky comments in here, if this thread doesn't calm down we're going to have to lock it and there have been quite a few reports already.

It is a legitimate topic to discuss but there are good and bad ways of discussing.

Around the Network
Seece said:
binary solo said:
Seece said:
I'm saying never in the history of VGC have people used this as an excuse. 300k on shelves is LOW, trust me, back in the day 1m would be the norm.

Back in the day no console was selling 35-40K per week. 1 million was about 6-8 weeks of supply back in the day. For Wii U, during the previous quarter 1 million would be over 20 week's supply possibly as much as 25 weeks. Who the hell is going to forward order 20 week's supply when the console has been selling like crap for coming up to 2 years? 300K in the retail channel for Wii U is plentiful supply. By contrast Xb one's most recent 8 weeks has seen ~980K sales. So for Xb one to have 1.3 million in the retail channels is about 11 weeks supply based on the last 8 weeks.  11 week's suply is a tad on the high side, but considering the weeks we're heading in to I'm guessing Xb one will burn through that sort of number in 8 weeks or less.

We're going into the holidays remember.

And Wii U is still only at 45K per week in the middle of October (pre-adjustments mind you, so possibly lower still). I can't see any retailers placing substantial orders prior to 30 Sept. Orders might be starting to roll in now that the real holidays are approaching. Orders may have come in at the end of September, but the shipments may not have been able to be counted for that quarter. Given the lowly sales in this first month of the holiday quarter I would say there will be no problems with shipments getting into the retail channel during October to mid-Nov with a 300K supply chain inventory at the end of September.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Xevross said:
Miyamotoo said:
We have official numbers for Wii U, 7.29m for 31. september.

What are oficial numbers for Xbox One for 31. september?

We don't know because MS put 360 and One shipments together but its about 7.3-7.5m

If Xbone has more then why the huge discrepancy in sales? 

vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Miyamotoo said:
In official report no mention of shipped numbers, only sales numbers.
It seems to me that Wii U is undertracked on VGC, not overtracked.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/141029e.pdf

That is shipped. Companies always use the shipped figures in their financial reports because that is what they have sold to retailers, that's what matters to them and their shareholders.

So Sony is lying about their sold numbers? :(

The numbers Sony gave were not a part of their financial reports, so they weren't lying. They explicitly stated that the numbers they gave were sold to consumers, not shipped.

GTAexpert said:
vivster said:

So Sony is lying about their sold numbers? :(

The numbers Sony gave were not a part of their financial reports, so they weren't lying. They explicitly stated that the numbers they gave were sold to consumers, not shipped.

yesp, ps4 is a beast.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

man-bear-pig said:

If Xbone has more then why the huge discrepancy in sales? 

WiiU is selling about 3x less per week than XB1, so you'd expect XB1 to have about 3x more in the channel. Add on to that all of the new launches in this quarter then you'd expect more than 3x the amount in the channel. Plus, XB1 had 900k in the channel at the end of last year( MS confirmed)and there's likely to be more now. If we assume WiiU has >300k in the channel then its a very fair guess XB1 has >1m in the channel right now.