By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU Overtracked, 300k+, Xbox One-Wii U gap down to 550k?

Xevross said:

I swear these financial results have made some nintendo fans halve in IQ

There's no way to tell for sure as exact sell through numbers would be just guessing. I'd guess its more like 800k but nonetheless it will be gone by the end of the year

If I hear shipped = sold one more time ....

Around the Network
tak13 said:
* my mobile grrr! i meant stop show your assumption as a fact*

I've been right so far tho.

Gap is closing and fast.

I usually don't make comments like this but... The ignorance and denial in this thread are stunning.

Almost as bad as Final Fantasy XV threads

Edit: I actually meant to post this in the Q2 FY14 thread, but it works here too.

you re exposing yourself by saying that is this the new way to say that wii u is ahead xbone?thats trolling!it s still ahead...why should we find a way...

I'm saying never in the history of VGC have people used this as an excuse. 300k on shelves is LOW, trust me, back in the day 1m would be the norm.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Xevross said:

I swear these financial results have made some nintendo fans halve in IQ

There's no way to tell for sure as exact sell through numbers would be just guessing. I'd guess its more like 800k but nonetheless it will be gone by the end of the year

If I hear shipped = sold one more time ....

Shipped = sold.

I want to find out what comes after the elipses

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Seece said:
I'm saying never in the history of VGC have people used this as an excuse. 300k on shelves is LOW, trust me, back in the day 1m would be the norm.

Yep, although WiiU sales are low so it would make sense. 300k is an absoute minimum for me. We know XB1 has 1-1.5m on shelves and I bet PS4 will have just as much once Sony reveal their financials. Anyone denying 300k needs to sit for a moment and think properly.

Seece said:

VGC has the Wii U at 7.34m as of October 4th compared to 7.29m shipped at the end of September. This mean we have sold > shipped 50k.

Overtracked at least 300k. If not more.

As I suspected, looking at Nintendo shipping info it's Europe that is overtracked.

VGC has end of September

XB1 sold 5.75m Vs 7.3 - 7.5m shipped
WiiU sold 7.34m Vs 7.39m shippped

Obviously one figure is overtracked and one under!

The gap end of September is likely around 800k, leaving 1.1m - 1.3m XB1's on shelves, and 300k WiiU's on shelves.

Factor in the rest of Oct 4th sales, Oct 11th and Oct 18th (230k in total) and that 800k gap decreases to 570k.

Nintendo shipped 610K in Q3 this year, 203K per month so by now 7,5 shipped Wii U's and  shipments are probably considerably higher this quarter so we could have 7.6 million Wii Us by now shipped...

Anyway how do you know if there is 300k Wii U on shelves? Any proof? If that was true Nintendo  and/or would have reduced shipments...

there is no denial...mean comments which were ready days before bring that defence...seece can be right for the number of overtracking or wrong!the annoying is the word confirmed...i would prefer a questionmark!

VXIII said:

Almost as bad as Final Fantasy XV threads

You mispelled "XIII"