By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU Overtracked, 300k+, Xbox One-Wii U gap down to 550k?

mii-gamer said:
Miyamotoo said:
In official report no mention of shipped numbers, only sales numbers.
It seems to me that Wii U is undertracked on VGC, not overtracked.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/141029e.pdf

oh dear... They are shipped. These reports show shipped numbers. Nintendo doesn't use the "ship" terminology they use "sold" instead.

Sony use "sale" numbers, MIcrosoft use specifik "shipped" (and it merged with the xbox 360 figures, lol), NIntendo use now sale two.

Around the Network

No suprise here, have been saying this for months.(and NPD did to but nothing was ever adjusted). It is still tracking way behind Gamecube and XOne is easily going to pass it this year.

Miyamotoo said:
mii-gamer said:

oh dear... They are shipped. These reports show shipped numbers. Nintendo doesn't use the "ship" terminology they use "sold" instead.

Sony use "sale" numbers, MIcrosoft use specifik "shipped" (and it merged with the xbox 360 figures, lol), NIntendo use now sale two.

They've always used this terminology "sold" to refer to shipment numbers; it is  much more specific for analyst and investors. When Nintendo communicates about sales milestones to their fans and media they will use "sell-through" and "sold to"  or something similar. Make no mistake my friend, these are shipment numbers.

Seece said:

VGC has the Wii U at 7.34m as of October 4th compared to 7.29m shipped at the end of September. This mean we have sold > shipped 50k.

Overtracked at least 300k. If not more.

As I suspected, looking at Nintendo shipping info it's Europe that is overtracked.

VGC has end of September

XB1 sold 5.75m Vs 7.3 - 7.5m shipped
WiiU sold 7.34m Vs 7.39m shippped

Obviously one figure is overtracked and one under!

The gap end of September is likely around 800k, leaving 1.1m - 1.3m XB1's on shelves, and 300k WiiU's on shelves.

Factor in the rest of Oct 4th sales, Oct 11th and Oct 18th (230k in total) and that 800k gap decreases to 570k.

Holy Crap how are you a writer? As of September 30th WiiU is at 7.29 confirmed by Nintendo. VG Chartz at October 4th its at 7.34 that is 50,000 difference. Not 300,000. You are the worst by the way its the end October that means it will be at 7.5+. Please people stop here

for you seece!ioi who knows better will not adjust down so much because he knows that stores don t stock up,many don t have wii u!nintendo almost sells what it sells,and would you please show your assumption as a fact...how can you be so certain,thats irritating,put a questiomark!

Around the Network
DolPhanTendo said:
Seece said:

VGC has the Wii U at 7.34m as of October 4th compared to 7.29m shipped at the end of September. This mean we have sold > shipped 50k.

Overtracked at least 300k. If not more.

As I suspected, looking at Nintendo shipping info it's Europe that is overtracked.

VGC has end of September

XB1 sold 5.75m Vs 7.3 - 7.5m shipped
WiiU sold 7.34m Vs 7.39m shippped

Obviously one figure is overtracked and one under!

The gap end of September is likely around 800k, leaving 1.1m - 1.3m XB1's on shelves, and 300k WiiU's on shelves.

Factor in the rest of Oct 4th sales, Oct 11th and Oct 18th (230k in total) and that 800k gap decreases to 570k.

Holy Crap how are you a writer? As of September 30th WiiU is at 7.29 confirmed by Nintendo. VG Chartz at October 4th its at 7.34 that is 50,000 difference. Not 300,000. You are the worst by the way its the end October that means it will be at 7.5+. Please people stop here

Because I actually get things right? Nintendo are talking shipped. You're on a sales site yet along with many others don't know the difference between sold and shipped it seems.

tak13 said:
for you seece!ioi who knows better will not adjust down so much because he knows that stores don t stock up,many don t have wii u!nintendo almost sells what it sells,and would you please show your assumption as a fact...how can you be so certain,thats irritating,put a questiomark!

He should and will, shipped does not equal sold. Is this the new way to keep WiiU ahead of XB1?

Fact is, it's way overtracked.

* my mobile grrr! i meant stop show your assumption as a fact*

I swear these financial results have made some nintendo fans halve in IQ

There's no way to tell for sure as exact sell through numbers would be just guessing. I'd guess its more like 800k but nonetheless it will be gone by the end of the year

How low can that Wii U baseline go?

Based on a downward revised Wii U baseline, 300K Wii U's out in the wild means 8 or more weeks of supply in the supply chain. So 6.99M at end of September is a reasonable estimate of sell though. Which does mean as of today Wii U is probably over 7, maybe 7.1 million or a little over.

When official shipments > VGC sell through estimate it means adjustments are essential, even if the estimate was very reasonable before these new facts came to light.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix