By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will MS's pricecut give them a November or December win in the US?

Playstation or Xbox during the hoildays?

Playstation both months 281 66.75%

Playstation in November, Xbox in December 14 3.33%

Xbox in November, Playstation in December 55 13.06%

Xbox both months 58 13.78%

They'll be exactly even both months 13 3.09%

Total:421

So MS has done a $50 pricecut on the base model and every bundle for the holidays.  Sony has been undefeated in the NPD this year and will continue to sell well throughout the holidays, BUT will this pricecut be enough to make a difference and give MS the edge in December or November?  As far as I know the big exclusive for MS in November is MCC while it will have exclusive advertising for AC and COD.  Meanwhile Playstation will have LBP3 with advertisements and bundles for GTA5 and FC4.  If anyone would like to list the exclusive bundles against one another I will openly admit to being too lazy to do that and give you credit after editing it into this post lol

I think this will make it basically a dead heat.  I think that enough kids will be buying PS4 because of their friends getting it and I've always said getting under a century mark is a far bigger deal than the $50 intervals in between.  I think those factors are going to at least offset the pricecut and will keep PS4's streak alive both months.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

I really don't think the PS4 stands a chance in November.

Sharpryno said:

Given the year PS4 has had, I think you ALWAYS have to give it a chance.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

MS should win this one. Unless Pachter jinxes things up again.

Well I personally see them winning a week or two in both months but ultimately losing NPD both months. BUT it will be neck and neck for the two of them! I can also see MS winning the week the SO bundle drops!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Sharpryno said:

Really? Why not? Is it just because of the $50 price cut?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Perhaps not enough for an outright victory, but it'll even the game for sure and present MS with some much needed buzz and increased awareness of what the brand offers.
I see it as a beginning in the very least and I don't think the battle for the US is over by far, its been one year on the market (a bit less actually) and the trend is not irreversible yet.

On Paper MS should win November, 50$ pricecut / Sunset overdrive / HCC / advertise for CoD & Assassins Creed.

On the other hand we have Sony who has yet to annouce anything, also the PS4 is not to be estimated. PS4 word of mouth has seem to have gotten stronger lately.

It is anyone's game.

But if MS can not win November, then they will not win December. 

Qermity said:

On Paper MS should win November, 50$ pricecut / Sunset overdrive / HCC / advertise for CoD & Assassins Creed.

On the other hand we have Sony who has yet to annouce anything, also the PS4 is not to be estimated. PS4 word of mouth has seem to have gotten stronger lately.

It is anyone's game.

But if MS can not win November, then they will not win December. 

Well put.

Mummelmann said:
Perhaps not enough for an outright victory, but it'll even the game for sure and present MS with some much needed buzz and increased awareness of what the brand offers.
I see it as a beginning in the very least and I don't think the battle for the US is over by far, its been one year on the market (a bit less actually) and the trend is not irreversible yet.

Yeah, I think it's a wait and see thing, it has the ability to outsell PS4 (Only Titanfall has been its chance so far) so it wouldn't be surprising if it did, but equally unsurprising if PS4 remained ahead.