By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 25 October 2014

KLXVER said:
Burek said:

Hate to comment on Bayonetta's ranking without single SKU rankings, but it doesn't look good if it's worse than Borderlands 2nd week numbers...

Borderlands is on three systems though...

Yes, but it didn't sell very well. Anyway, tables are in, I edited Bayo at 12K, but I guess it could be anywhere from 12-15K..

Don't know what the expectations were, but it doesn't seem very good to me...I guess it's treading Hyrule territory...

Around the Network

Nice hold for horizon 2, on the Xbox ONE.

Train wreck said:
Why is Driveclub not out of the top 40? Surly the mainstream buyer has received the bad press of the game from online forums.

It is only the second retail driving game to be released for the system and the last was 11 months ago. 

walsufnir said:
Wow, Singstar seems to be a not-so-important-anymore-ip for PS brand.
I remember how big this stuff was at PS2 times, almost everyone I knew who had a PS2 had Singstar at home.

How is that surprising to you? Obviously it's not, casuals on consoles are not so important anymore. We've seen a steady decline of Singstar last gen already. Plus it's not really a good barometer, cause the disc release is basically a collection of songs, the app is free on the PS4 and you can buy whatever songs you like digitally and not have to hassle with disc swapping at all. I really don't know why so many people bought it even.

Just Dance though. Now that's a fall from grace. Vastly more popular franchise last gen, a 10+ million seller is not even opening in the top 40 with Wii version barely making it in single SKUs. This franchise is dead and was a huge moneymaker for Ubisoft. There probably won't be another one next year but rather a digital service a'la Singstar, would be my guess.

Edit. Missed Just Dance at 19 (Can't fucking read those charts, last time I've missed Fifa 15 Vita). Still sold like shit compared to it's heyday, and I'm not expecting much legs.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Burek said:
KLXVER said:
Burek said:

Hate to comment on Bayonetta's ranking without single SKU rankings, but it doesn't look good if it's worse than Borderlands 2nd week numbers...

Borderlands is on three systems though...

Yes, but it didn't sell very well. Anyway, tables are in, I edited Bayo at 12K, but I guess it could be anywhere from 12-15K..

Don't know what the expectations were, but it doesn't seem very good to me...I guess it's treading Hyrule territory...

Its not very good if your calculations are right, but the WiiU is doing horrible over there, so its no surprise. Lets see what the numbers are for the entire europe before we call it a flop.

Around the Network
celador said:
Train wreck said:
Why is Driveclub not out of the top 40? Surly the mainstream buyer has received the bad press of the game from online forums.

It is only the second retail driving game to be released for the system and the last was 11 months ago. 

I don't think that's correct.

NFS, Moto GP 14, a Motocross game recently (or is it digital only? Seems like a retail game) and DC.

Sure those two you forgot may not be huge titles but they are there, there is some choice.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Bayo 2 is way too high. That's around what HW did if not better. Looks Nintendo fans are ready to make a last stand...

Ka-pi96 said:
Yay for FIFA! Heres hoping for 6 in a row

Surely Sunset Overdrive would disagree...

Ka-pi96 said:
Yay for FIFA! Heres hoping for 6 in a row

SO will beat it, I hope lol

Ka-pi96 said:
Oh yeah, forgot that next weeks will be the Sunset Overdrive ones. Well I'm sure FIFA will be back on top the week after, so it will still be 6, just not in a row.

Nah, thats COD week...