By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - There IS a $50 Pricedrop coming for XB1!

Seece said:
Protendo said:

Kmart, Bestbuy and Target all have november sales that mark at least $50 off the console.

Most include a free game too.

Now is not the time to buy.

TheNelsconey said:
Seece said:
fleischr said:
The fire sale begins. MS and retailers must be really scared that the X1 is ready to falter

Firesale? Do you know what that word means? A 12.5% retailer cut is not a firesale, stop with the hyperbowl.

How about flop or bomba?

It's BOMBA territory for sure.

Especially when you consider the original price.  

$400 to $350 is bomba territory? No.

$400 was not the original price though. $500 to $350 in less than a year "is bomba territory" even if certain thinsg were being removed. Especially when you consider that the immediate competition is holding steady at its original price.

Its however not a fire sale though. For that to happen it needs to be at around $150 or something.

Either way I am not complaining, I want these consoles to get cheaper so their adoption is faster that way we stop seeing these horrible cross gen games. Its only bad for MS if after these price slashes they still don't sell as much as a PS4 or even better. And that is not good for my grand plan of overall lower priced consoles cause if that happens then sony doesn't/wouldn't need to cut their own prices. Rather they would just do things like "add value" to the box. eg couple of game downloads/PS+ free year subscription/bigger HDD all at the same $400.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Seece said:
Protendo said:

Kmart, Bestbuy and Target all have november sales that mark at least $50 off the console.

TheNelsconey said:
Seece said:
fleischr said:
The fire sale begins. MS and retailers must be really scared that the X1 is ready to falter

Firesale? Do you know what that word means? A 12.5% retailer cut is not a firesale, stop with the hyperbowl.

How about flop or bomba?

$400 was not the original price though. $500 to $350 in less than a year "is bomba territory" even if certain thinsg were being removed. Especially when you consider that the immediate competition is holding steady at its original price.

Its however not a fire sale though. For that to happen it needs to be at around $150 or something.

Either way I am not complaining, I want these consoles to get cheaper so their adoption is faster that way we stop seeing these horrible cross gen games. Its only bad for MS if after these price slashes they still don't sell as much as a PS4 or even better. And that is not good for my grand plan of overall lower priced consoles cause if that happens then sony doesn't/wouldn't need to cut their own prices. Rather they would just do things like "add value" to the box. eg couple of game downloads/PS+ free year subscription/bigger HDD all at the same $400.

I wasn't aware the Kinect sku was $350? Otherwise, no it isn't a $150 drop. It was just the introduction of a new sku.

The actual price cut here is $50.

Seece said:
Intrinsic said:
Seece said:
Protendo said:

TheNelsconey said:
Seece said:
fleischr said:

How about flop or bomba?

I wasn't aware the Kinect sku was $350? Otherwise, no it isn't a $150 drop. It was just the introduction of a new sku.

The actual price cut here is $50.

I agree, not sure where this $150 logic even comes from.  It is obvious that it is being used for convenience of people trying to argue the freefall of the XB1

It is near the end of the end....

Tis clearly just a 1 off sale, happens all the time tis more a fact of how Kmart are in trouble than to do with the Xbox in reality. Black Friday is gonna be crazy this year tho, I actually expect deaths with sales coming in.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Next person to make a quote tree longer than three posts will get a free ban! So please be careful

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

@Seece

You are neglecting the $60 store credit on top of the $50 price cut from the Kmart offer, the free Unlocked offer at Bestbuy with the additional discount, or the free game deal we just had which could have been 2 free games at 399.99 if you bought a bundle.  So savings of $120 from that alone...

This is bomba territory.  You can't overlook things just because you don't want to see them.

Protendo said:

@Seece

You are neglecting the $60 store credit on top of the $50 price cut from the Kmart offer, the free Unlocked offer at Bestbuy with the additional discount, or the free game deal we just had which could have been 2 free games at 399.99 if you bought a bundle.  So savings of $120 from that alone...

This is bomba territory.  You can't overlook things just because you don't want to see them.

I see retailer deals that all consoles get, and the 2 games cost MS far less than a permanent $100 price cut.

Bomba is $250 and under.

Seece said:

I see retailer deals that all consoles get, and the 2 games cost MS far less than a permanent $100 price cut.

Bomba is $250 and under.

We will just agree to disagree.  When I start seeing such promotions for the PS4, I will be able to see your point of view.

I knew it!

It is near the end of the end....

This should prove interesting for the holidays. I wonder how/if sony will respond and the impact on overall sales for the season.