By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - There IS a $50 Pricedrop coming for XB1!

Seece said:
fleischr said:
The fire sale begins. MS and retailers must be really scared that the X1 is ready to falter

Firesale? Do you know what that word means? A 12.5% retailer cut is not a firesale, stop with the hyperbowl.

Take into consideration bundled game(s) and this retailer's additional $60 in store credit (which basically is an additional bundled game), that makes the console almost  only $250. An extra $100ish discount on already $100 cheaper model introduced less than 6 months ago. Call it bargain if you will, but assuming even more aggressive deals come Black Friday, this stinks of desperation to get X1s out the door. Actually, it smells like smoke to  me, smoke from a fire sale!

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
fleischr said:
Seece said:
fleischr said:
The fire sale begins. MS and retailers must be really scared that the X1 is ready to falter

Firesale? Do you know what that word means? A 12.5% retailer cut is not a firesale, stop with the hyperbowl.

Take into consideration bundled game(s) and this retailer's additional $60 in store credit (which basically is an additional bundled game), that makes the console almost  only $250. An extra $100ish discount on already $100 cheaper model introduced less than 6 months ago. Call it bargain if you will, but assuming even more aggressive deals come Black Friday, this stinks of desperation to get X1s out the door. Actually, it smells like smoke to  me, smoke from a fire sale!

Yeah, you still can't grasp what a firesale is.

The $60 is retail related and the games are MS more than likely, this isn't some rash $150 price cut by MS.

Firesale is like $199 across the board initiated by MS.

Like I said hyperbowl.

This is MS actually being proactive about their console not selling as well as they would like ..

K-Marts are closing down left and right. There will be no K-Marts by the time this ad hits.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Seece said:
TheNelsconey said:
Seece said:

How about flop or bomba?

Not that either, it's competitive.

I get it.  You are talking about the price.   Not the console itself.

Out of the market by 2017. No company, no matter how rich and powerfull will put up with this.

Around the Network

Microsoft going hard for the holidays. I actually expect it to get cheaper than 349 for black Friday. Even if its for one day only, Microsoft isn't going to f#ck around. Go big or go home.

next year

amazing to think that in a year it has dropped 150 dollars in price... makes me wonder what will be the price of the X1 in lets say... one more year.

Apparently everyone missed the "Sale" note at the bottom. This isn't a price drop per say... big box retailers do deals like this all the time... stores like Target usually offer a free gift card as a promotion when buying certain consoles or games during a particular week.

Edit:  And stores have done this for ALL consoles... Wii U (several times I might add), 3DS, hell even PS4.

But yeah, keep calling it a "price drop" or "firesale"...

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Just looked... M$ is doing the same thing next week with the COD Advanced Warfare 1TB Bundle at most stores... it's listed at $499 MSRP, but will be on sale for $449 at most stores. Not a bad deal either.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.