By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - There IS a $50 Pricedrop coming for XB1!

I think there is one coming. MS has the money to do it and they've shown themselves to be fairly aggressive in the last few months.

Besides a $50 price drop for a system that's basically a year old is nothing that mind-blowing, MS should be able to do it without much fuss.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
Keep 'em droppin'! Can't wait to get a PS4 for 300

Still, poor Wii U... So extremely underpowered, devoid of 3rd party games and pretty much at the same price...

It is a perception issue, the current Wii U bundle comes with 2 full games inside (Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land) for 300 U$ and you don't have to pay for online, when you do a similar comparison with the other consoles (400 for the base + 80 to 100 for 2 additional games + 50 to play online) you will see that the price is quite different. But I do agree that Nintendo should offer a 250 U$ console without any games so people feels that the console is cheaper when compared directly with the Xbox One and the PS4.

If they're gonna do a pricedrop, it should be for $100 or don't bother and just add stuff to the bundles.

flagstaad said:
Scisca said:
Keep 'em droppin'! Can't wait to get a PS4 for 300

Still, poor Wii U... So extremely underpowered, devoid of 3rd party games and pretty much at the same price...

It is a perception issue, the current Wii U bundle comes with 2 full games inside (Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land) for 300 U$ and you don't have to pay for online, when you do a similar comparison with the other consoles (400 for the base + 80 to 100 for 2 additional games + 50 to play online) you will see that the price is quite different. But I do agree that Nintendo should offer a 250 U$ console without any games so people feels that the console is cheaper when compared directly with the Xbox One and the PS4.

The thing is, your math isn't correct. As you see here, base Xbone is gonna cost 350. There has been an Xbone ACreed bundle announced with AC IV and AC Unity (I believe it's for 400). So the difference between Wii U and competition is marginal, pretty much goes down to the fee for online, which in case of PS4 I pay gladly, since I get more games I can play from PS+ and I pretty much stopped buying games because of it. That is a marginal difference if you consider everything you get for that price difference.

If anything, Nintendo should offer a Wii U for 200 without games and 250 with 2 games. 250 without games? That's way too much. This console is in such a deep hole, it has to be cheap enough to be an impulse purchase.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

poklane said:

If it's another pricedrop, you'll be able to get a Xbox One for $200 with a free game starting holiday 2015... Personally I think it's just a promotion from Microsoft, not a real pricedrop.

The funny thing about things like these, is that if this "promotion" doesn't result in an unprecedented increase in sales, then the sales price will hold steady.

If at $50 off people are still not buying something, what sense does it make set the price back up to its original point. Not that I think it won't work, I thin it would. I even think sony will match them on some sort of level. Probably with 3 game bundles or something like that.

Around the Network

My god! Murica is cheap to buy electronics.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

Scisca said:

The thing is, your math isn't correct. As you see here, base Xbone is gonna cost 350. There has been an Xbone ACreed bundle announced with AC IV and AC Unity (I believe it's for 400). So the difference between Wii U and competition is marginal, pretty much goes down to the fee for online, which in case of PS4 I pay gladly, since I get more games I can play from PS+ and I pretty much stopped buying games because of it. That is a marginal difference if you consider everything you get for that price difference.

If anything, Nintendo should offer a Wii U for 200 without games and 250 with 2 games. 250 without games? That's way too much. This console is in such a deep hole, it has to be cheap enough to be an impulse purchase.

You are telling me that 300 U$ vs 450 U$ is marginal?, I will take into account your Assassin's Creed bundle for Xbox One that costs 400 U$ but I do think is a limited bundled, then add 50 U$ for online and you have 300 vs 450. If they put the price at 250 U$ without games vs 400 U$ for a Xbox One + 1 year online without games, you will still get the same 150 U$ difference (200 U$ when compared to PS4), but the important thing is to change the perception that the prices are close, the difference in the bundles are the content, but the point is that not everybody may want to get Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land, so a 250 U$ console without games is required to show that the price difference is actually there and is around 150 U$ and 200 U$, not just 100 U$.

The fire sale begins. MS and retailers must be really scared that the X1 is ready to falter

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

The way the ad reads, it could just be a "special" or "sale", but I think it will be permanent.

It is near the end of the end....

There will be some good deals but no official price cut. The official one will come in early to mid 2015.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54