By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Xbox One IP In The Works That Will "Push The Boundaries"

LudicrousSpeed said:

LOL I think he does it just for shtick now. It's funny to read someone contradict themselves so frequently and constantly shift goal posts.

Like that big list of crap he just posted about all the Microsoft games. And yet Sony has a list you can make just like that, only when they fund games or reach deals it's "expanding their catalog" and "forming partnerships" and "collaborations". And did you know that Naughty Dog was a D tier developer making only shit games until Sony bought them and showed them how to make good games? The more you know.

I understand the sarcasm...

But isn't it better to purchase a good developer that keeps on making good and great games, some of which are considered the best ever, than to purchase a good developer and turn it into a mediocre/pitiful studio producing motion control shovelware?

Around the Network
Chromeo said:
Goatseye said:

No one questions Microsoft but you with some absurd and repeated fallacies. MS have one of the best Creative Director in the industry, who's been with them since the og Xbox.

Umm. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE questions Microsoft at this point.

Well that goes for you too.

IamAwsome said:
hunter_alien said:
IamAwsome said:
hunter_alien said:
So yet another Alan Wake/Kameo/Strangers Wrath/Perfect Dark/etc. failed attempt, where they or their partners start off a franchise, they are not OK with the sales and they go back and milk Halo for 3 more years and advertise every yearly dudebro game out there?

I don't want to be rude or anything, but the fact is, not every groundbreaking game will sell millions, and if that is not the case MS tends to bury them fast. Fool me once, shame on you...

Every publisher does this. I'm not sure why you're singling MS out, and Perfect Dark was FAR from a failure. 

Well it had to be if MS decided not to make a sequel. I was talking about financial failure, not critical one, and I singled them out from the 3 console manufacturers, because they tend to do it far more then any other, especially Nintendo.

PDZ sold .76 million. That was a better number in '05 than now.  Not every decent seller is guaranteed a sequel. 

Exactly. If its not a multi milllion seller we can all but forget about a AAA franchise.

Everyone was upset when Capcom admited that they only make sequels for games that sell 2 million+, but that is the reality for most companies.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Chromeo said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

LOL I think he does it just for shtick now. It's funny to read someone contradict themselves so frequently and constantly shift goal posts.

Like that big list of crap he just posted about all the Microsoft games. And yet Sony has a list you can make just like that, only when they fund games or reach deals it's "expanding their catalog" and "forming partnerships" and "collaborations". And did you know that Naughty Dog was a D tier developer making only shit games until Sony bought them and showed them how to make good games? The more you know.

Doesn't that speak more towards the strength that Sony has in knowing gaming than it does to Naughty Dog's performance though?

But of course they take everything as an insult when it isn't even directed towards them. You make perfect sense and it does speak about how Sony turned Naughty Dog into one of the greatest companies ever. Microsoft even admitted that that they tried making a game on par with Uncharted but failed to do it multiple times (See phil spencer Tomb Raider situation). They were working on a first party FPS and gave up on it. Every Xbox gamer was hyped for that game without even seeing it. I had never seen so much hype for nothing. Even then I said.."I will wait until I see it...because its Microsoft" and I ended up being right, but regardless of whether I am right or not they will continue to trash me. Its cool though....I am still holding out hope that Microsoft can actually pull off a brilliant game that isnt for the Kinect or a Simulator because internally speaking those are the games they've ever truly excelled at.

Burek said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I understand the sarcasm...

But isn't it better to purchase a good developer that keeps on making good and great games, some of which are considered the best ever, than to purchase a good developer and turn it into a mediocre/pitiful studio producing motion control shovelware?

He was pointing out that I stated Sony is responsible for the rise of Naughty Dog because Sony totally changed their development process after they bought them. Sony is known for having Secondary teams which can help other teams develop and usually that is either Sony Japan or Sony Santamonica. Until Rare Microsoft had no team that was able to do multiple styles of games and even then they dropped the ball. They cant use the excuse that the owners left either because the owners of Naughty Dog left as well and Naughty Dog continues to get bigger and bigger.

Around the Network
Chromeo said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Doesn't that speak more towards the strength that Sony has in knowing gaming than it does to Naughty Dog's performance though?

Naughty Dog was already a great studio making quality games before Sony bought them. That was my point. He will credit Sony with buying Naughty Dog and turning them into a great studio, but then you take the exact same situation like Microsoft and Bungie and it's all negative for MS. It's funny, it's his shtick.

Welp, this thread turned to crap quick.