By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - HOLD IT! Smash Bros. is 1080P? AND 60 FPS?

OMG 1080P 60FPS with 8 players?

OMG! 205 36.87%

OMG! 33 5.94%

OMG! 56 10.07%

OMG! 45 8.09%

See results - OMG! 215 38.67%

Total:554
Hynad said:

Give me an actual link where we see Nintendo confirming this. 

The smash direct...

Around the Network
Hynad said:

Give me an actual link where we see Nintendo confirming this. 

Skip to 1:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0BBGzfw0pQ

It was also assumed for months, since the screenshots Nintendo have been providing have been 1080p. The resolution of their screens tends to be that of the game itself (which was the most compelling piece of evidence that the 1080p MK8 rumors were false, since the MK8 screens they were giving us were 720p).

OttoniBastos said:
Well to be fair,it's a 3d's tier game.

Graphically, no it is not.

3DS:

Wii U:

OttoniBastos said:

Don't expect 100k polygoned models or something like that

Thats wrong.

Do you actually believe that yourself?!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Mr Puggsly said:
Olivernintentoal said:
Yeah, ok, ok, I guess the WiiU has a little power under its very small hood after all. So...why don't the PSONE do this? ;)

Uhmm... the PSOne was just a smaller PS1. It wasn't designed to do 1080p and 60 fps.

But if you're referring to PS4 and X1. They do and more often.

I was wondering if someone would say that! I was doing a play on PS360, like people always called the PS3 and 360.  And true, they sometimes do, but I was being sarcastic about certain games from Ubisoft and the like.

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

Around the Network

lol, 3DS - 60FPS, 240x400
Wii U (probably) - 30FPS, 1920x1080

nice

This should be considered confirmation beyond a shadow of a doubt. The only thing "in question" here is the framerate... and given they prioritized 60fps on the 3DS of all things, I don't think we should be worried about that.

Some people will worry no matter what, though... sigh... I don't doubt that even if Sakurai himself shook everyone's hand and told them 1080p@60fps was achieved in the Wii U version, and they got to play it and see for themselves, some people would still be skeptical...

oh wait, its confirmed 60 FPS and 1080p. nvm

nice

OttoniBastos said:

Don't expect 100k polygoned models or something like that

You serious?

the_dengle said:

This should be considered confirmation beyond a shadow of a doubt. The only thing "in question" here is the framerate... and given they prioritized 60fps on the 3DS of all things, I don't think we should be worried about that.

Some people will worry no matter what, though... sigh... I don't doubt that even if Sakurai himself shook everyone's hand and told them 1080p@60fps was achieved in the Wii U version, and they got to play it and see for themselves, some people would still be skeptical...

People even doubted when ridley was deconfirmed.