By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - HOLD IT! Smash Bros. is 1080P? AND 60 FPS?

OMG 1080P 60FPS with 8 players?

OMG! 205 36.87%

OMG! 33 5.94%

OMG! 56 10.07%

OMG! 45 8.09%

See results - OMG! 215 38.67%

Total:554
Clyde32 said:
Hynad said:

Thanks.

Yes. It was assumed for months. Just like it was for Mario Kart 8. Now, Smash isn't that heavy on the system, being a fighting game. It has tiny stages, barely any A.I., and from the pics they've given us so far, characters really aren't that detailed and have some rough edges. But they're more than fine enough for the distance at which they show them on screen. All in all, the game will look great and run butter smooth. That's a plus for any fighting game. 

Side note: That announcer in the Direct video... It's like Nintendo take their consumers for retards. -___-

Alright, can't get them on the resolution of frame rate, just say it isn't as demanding right? Having 8 players at the same time locally may be more demanding than we know.

Well. It may be more demanding than you know.

Around the Network
Olivernintentoal said:
Yeah, ok, ok, I guess the WiiU has a little power under its very small hood after all. So...why don't the PSONE do this? ;)

when SSB U comes to PS4bone I'm sure it will run at 1080 / 60 fps too.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

curl-6 said:
Hynad said:

Yes. It was assumed for months. Just like it was for Mario Kart 8. Now, Smash isn't that heavy on the system, being a fighting game. It has tiny stages, barely any A.I., and from the pics they've given us so far, characters really aren't that detailed and have some rough edges. But they're more than fine enough for the distance at which they show them on screen. All in all, the game will look great and run butter smooth. That's a plus for any fighting game. 

Side note: That announcer in the Direct video... It's like Nintendo take their consumers for retards. -___-

It wasn't just assumed, the official screens were in 1080p. 

And no, they just take their consumers for people with a sense of fun. :)

You are Nintendo's indefatigable white knight.  -___-

That voice was cringe worthy at best. But to be fair, these videos seem to be made for a kids audience more than for adults.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

the_dengle said:
Zekkyou said:

It's not a '3DS tier game'. Sure it's not tradings blows with Crysis 3 to become graphics king, but it's a huge step up over the 3DS version. Both in performance and in-game visuals.

It's really just a higher resolution, with higher resolution textures and maybe the assist trophies etc will run at 60 fps. I'm pretty sure the character models are the same... I suppose they could have downsized the models for the 3DS? Fewer polys? That's pretty easy, right?

Anyway, we already have 60 fps footage of Smash Wii U. And judging from Olimar's Pikmin, I do believe assist trophies etc will also run at 60 fps, unlike in the 3DS version.

They are primarily linear upgrades (i expect a lot of the the 3DS version was made from down-scaled WiiU assets), but i'd still consider the in-game jump quite significant. The 2000% resolution boost does't hurt either

I think the only real debate on 60fps will be on how far Nintendo push it. I don't believe they'd let the 4 player mode run at anything less than a locked 60fps, but i could believe them choosing a variable 60fps or locked 30fps for the 8 player mode. We'll see (i'll be pretty impressed for a WiiU title if they do manage to run everything at a locked 60fps though).

Not sure why there is a debate. Smash Wii U was confirmed a long time ago to be 1080p. People just didn't want to listen.

Mario Kart was never officially confirmed to be 1080p, people were always grasping at straws with that one. This time, different people didn't want to listen.

Zekkyou said:

They are primarily linear upgrades (i expect a lot of the the 3DS version was made from down-scaled WiiU assets), but i'd still consider the in-game jump quite significant. The 2000% resolution boost does't hurt either

I think the only real debate on 60fps will be on how far Nintendo push it. I don't believe they'd let the 4 player mode run at anything less than a locked 60fps, but i could believe them choosing a variable 60fps or locked 30fps for the 8 player mode. We'll see (i'll be pretty impressed for a WiiU title if they do manage to run everything at a locked 60fps though).

I'm betting on locked 60. I don't think they would have implemented 8-player mode if they couldn't get it running at 60. Going from 4 players to 8 players in Smash should be easier than going from 2 players to 4 players in Mario Kart 8 while maintaining 60 fps, since they don't have to do splitscreen. Plus, the character models are a bit simpler and the environments are much smaller in Smash.

Around the Network
Hynad said:

Alright then, how many 8 player local multiplayer games have you made?

Clyde32 said:
Hynad said:

Here's something for you to think about: If such a game was as demanding to make as you seem to imply, how could the game be able to run at that resolution and framerate?

And just to make sure: magic doesn't exist.

Hynad said:
curl-6 said:
Hynad said:

It wasn't just assumed, the official screens were in 1080p. 

And no, they just take their consumers for people with a sense of fun. :)

You are Nintendo's indefatigable white knight.  -___-

That voice was cringe worthy at best. But to be fair, these videos seem to be made for a kids audience more than for adults.

Shows how little you know me; I criticize Nintendo all the time.

Are you allergic to positivity or something?

Clyde32 said:
Hynad said:

Maybe he works at 13AM Games. :P

curl-6 said:

Shows how little you know me; I criticize Nintendo all the time.

lmao, I can vouch for that.

Hynad said:

Here's something for you to think about: If it was that demanding to make, how could the game be able to run at that resolution and that framerate?

And just to make sure: magic doesn't exist.

Or maybe it's just impressive? Ever think of that?