By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - HOLD IT! Smash Bros. is 1080P? AND 60 FPS?

OMG 1080P 60FPS with 8 players?

OMG! 205 36.87%

OMG! 33 5.94%

OMG! 56 10.07%

OMG! 45 8.09%

See results - OMG! 215 38.67%

Total:554
OttoniBastos said:
Well to be fair,it's a 3d's tier game.

Don't expect 100k polygoned models or something like that

It's not a '3DS tier game'. Sure it's not tradings blows with Crysis 3 to become graphics king, but it's a huge step up over the 3DS version. Both in performance and in-game visuals.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:

It's not a '3DS tier game'. Sure it's not tradings blows with Crysis 3 to become graphics king, but it's a huge step up over the 3DS version. Both in performance and in-game visuals.

It's really just a higher resolution, with higher resolution textures and maybe the assist trophies etc will run at 60 fps. I'm pretty sure the character models are the same... I suppose they could have downsized the models for the 3DS? Fewer polys? That's pretty easy, right?

Anyway, we already have 60 fps footage of Smash Wii U. And judging from Olimar's Pikmin, I do believe assist trophies etc will also run at 60 fps, unlike in the 3DS version.

Zekkyou said:
Hynad said:

Give me an actual link where we see Nintendo confirming this. 

Skip to 1:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0BBGzfw0pQ

It was also assumed for months, since the screenshots Nintendo have been providing have been 1080p. The resolution of their screens tends to be that of the game itself (which was the most compelling piece of evidence that the 1080p MK8 rumors were false, since the MK8 screens they were giving us were 720p).

Thanks.

Yes. It was assumed for months. Just like it was for Mario Kart 8. Now, Smash isn't that heavy on the system, being a fighting game. It has tiny stages, barely any A.I., and from the pics they've given us so far, characters really aren't that detailed and have some rough edges. But they're more than fine enough for the distance at which they show them on screen. All in all, the game will look great and run butter smooth. That's a plus for any fighting game. 

Side note: That announcer in the Direct video... It's like Nintendo take their consumers for retards. -___-

To all the people here saying that Mario Kart 8 runs at 720p: doesn't that game upscale to 1080p? I thought I read that somewhere.

60 fps is a must, but the fact that it's also 1080p is a great bonus, too

Around the Network
SJReiter said:
To all the people here saying that Mario Kart 8 runs at 720p: doesn't that game upscale to 1080p? I thought I read that somewhere.

When we say something runs at [x], we're talking about its native resolution, not what it's stretched out to.

Alright then, good enough for me that Nintendo themselves came out and said it in the video plus the game image quality looks clean too ...

Hynad said:
Zekkyou said:
Hynad said:

Give me an actual link where we see Nintendo confirming this. 

Skip to 1:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0BBGzfw0pQ

It was also assumed for months, since the screenshots Nintendo have been providing have been 1080p. The resolution of their screens tends to be that of the game itself (which was the most compelling piece of evidence that the 1080p MK8 rumors were false, since the MK8 screens they were giving us were 720p).

Thanks.

Yes. It was assumed for months. Just like it was for Mario Kart 8. Now, Smash isn't that heavy on the system, being a fighting game. It has tiny stages, barely any A.I., and from the pics they've given us so far, characters really aren't that detailed and have some rough edges. But they're more than fine enough for the distance at which they show them on screen. All in all, the game will look great and run butter smooth. That's a plus for any fighting game. 

Side note: That announcer in the Direct video... It's like Nintendo take their consumers for retards. -___-

It wasn't just assumed, the official screens were in 1080p. 

And no, they just take their consumers for people with a sense of fun. :)

Hynad said:

Thanks.

Alright, can't get them on the resolution of frame rate, just say it isn't as demanding right? Having 8 players at the same time locally may be more demanding than we know.

Sooooo is this Nintendo's only 1080p game other than Wind Waker HD? That game was 30fps so is Smash Wii U the first 1080p 60fps Nintendo game?