By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you consider the BEST console you ever owned?

PS1

Around the Network

PS2

Wii U

1doesnotsimply

If its about best system at the time then i go with the N64.
If its about the best system in general i'd have to pick WiiU.

I know it's not a home console, but for me, the PSP beats everything else by lightyears. Greatest homebrew of all time together with some unforgettable exclusive jewels.

If we're talking strictly home consoles: SNES. Because childhood memories. Young just cant argue with that. :P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

Kyuu said:

A console that doesn't have a GT game is ethomaz' favorite? O_O who saw that coming?

It will have GT

And SNES and N64 didn't have GT

PS2 easily and that's saying a lot.

dreamcast. sadly it didn't last very long. Miss the online days of phantasy online on the dremcast

PlayStation 3

Don't copy random editorials.

Gamecube, and Dreamcast have been my favorites so far. The Wii U is building momentum with every stellar first-party release.

The SNES is probably the best console ever made. PS2 is a close second. Objectively, one of those should be my favorite. Anyone who was a part of the GCN's run with Smash Bros. Melee, Eternal Darkness, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, Resident Evil 4, etc. can tell you it was a magical time to be a gamer, and you were among the lucky few playing the best games on the planet. The Sega Dreamcast was very much the same, and now the Wii U seems to be stepping into the role.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7