By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you consider the BEST console you ever owned?

The Genesis. I was coming from a under-powered 8 bits computer, it was like a brand new world ! A sky was not a one color abstract thing anymore, it was fine pixel art with parallax scrollings, animations. Games were not just platforms, there were arcade games, strategy games, etc.That feeling of novelty was just so great.

Contrary to the OP, 3D didn't really impressed me, because I played on PC, so there were no big step, it started slowly from games like wolfenstein, which didn't look so great : repetitive graphics and colors, big pixels from zooms. Should have bought a PS1 ;)

Around the Network

The PS2 as it could play both the PS1 Masterful Squaresoft games and PS2 games plus DVDs.

Lube Me Up

Xbox 360, because I met a lot of amazing people on Xbox Live as far as 3 years back (yes I was late to the party) and still play with many on a regular basis.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
The_Yoda said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

The system that brought me The Legend of Zeda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros., Diddy Kong Racing, Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Mario Party 3, Pokémon Stadium 1/2 and a bunch of other titles that simply won't get old.

This

Hands down the N64 and I also loved Konkers Bad Fur Day

Always nice to hear someone mention that game. It is easily one of the best games of all time, and the fact that so few got to play it is nothing short of a tragedy.

The reason I didn't mention it though is because I never got to enjoy it on the original system. Only on Xbox and emulator.

I have the copy I played then a couple years later I ran across a new copy for 10 bucks and snatched that one up too. Last I checked the unopened copies were going for a ridiculous amount.

Wii U. It brought me back into gmaing and i have thoroughly enjoyed the games it has to offer. I look forward to almost all the upcoming Wii U games. I love my Wii U far beyond any console i've ever owned and I've owned every nintendo console, a 3ds, a sega genesis, a ps one. an original xbox and a ps3.

Around the Network

360,gamscube,ps1,xbox one, or ps2. Super hard to choose

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Dreamcast is definitely up there for me, I don't know if I'd say it was my outright favorite, but games like Power Stone, Sonic Adventure, Shenmue 1 & 2, Sega Rally, Soul Caliber made me feel very warm inside. They gave me that christmassy feeling inside.

Other platforms have too, so I can't outright call it my favorite.

NES, SNES, Master System, Megadrive, N64, OG Xbox, playing on my brother's PS1, PS2, the first time I played on my PS3, 360, PS4, Gamecube.

Even oldschool Commodore 64 had it's moments when it finally loaded the games.

I just love console gaming in general. Can't wait for what the future holds.

My 60gb PS3. Can play PS3, PS2, and PSX games.  It also doubles as a space heater on cold winter nights.

PS2 for me. Never been wowed so much in a single generation by so many titles that just seemed to be churned out one after another right from the get go.

Jak And Daxter - First game for me since Mario 64 to get 3D platforming right.

Gran Turismo 3 - Seriously, had we seen such detail in cars anywhere in gaming before this?

ICO - Nothing needs to be said, masterpiece at the time, probably the best game on the system.

GTA Series - Finally in proper 3D and each new iteration completely dwarfed the one before. But Vice City for me wowed me with the first proper full on radio station with DJs and licensed artists.

Then you have all the new IPs that made their way on the PS2, most of which are still going strong like God Of War, Burnout, Devil May Cry, Onimusha, SSX, Guitar Hero, Pro Evo, Ratchet And Clank.

And the list of one offs that were outstanding could literally roll to a 100 titles or more. I miss the PS2 to the point where I'd give anything for Sony to release a portable PS2 and put all the games out digitally.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

The only one Conole which was the best in my eyes, are the console in the best times of my life.

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!