By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Update: I love MS chat support.

Imaginedvl said:

Definitely seem like a bug but what I'm saying is that by downloading the file from another location and getting the same issue (or not), it will at least help you find out where is the issue. Is it your connection or something specific to your home configuration or not for instance.

Another thing you can try if you have a USB Harddrive, is to download it another location (instead of the internal HDD).

Well I'm gonna try two more things...

1. I changed the settings so the console doesn't turn off. This has never impacted my downloads in the past, but I'm trying anyway. I've seen the percentage move from 70% to 31% immediately after I boot the console. Maybe going to sleep mode is responsible for the bug?

2. If that doesn't work, I'm gonna try downloading at a friend's house.

If neither works, fuck it! Its going to MS.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Easy solution to your problem. Get a refund on the digital sale then simply get a hard copy. Digital is so unreliable and unpredictable it's amazing that MS pushed so hard for a digital only future and that so many blindly want it. If you want to prevent future hassles and pains in the ass there is an easy solution as well. Step 1: sell the Xb1. Step 2: Buy a ps4 + TLOU:R and never look back. Nostalgia is great and all but I foresee a lot more problems in your future. So either prepare for that and accept it as I have done, which means no more complaining about it or posting arguably rude interactions between sub-par customer support. Or you can do what many have done, something I won't do myself because I love a lot of the games which is end the obviously abusive relationship and stick to just Sony + Nintendo + PC.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Yea id buy a hard copy. Ive had a issue with game installation on ps3. The disc install never went past a certain percentage i ended up having to connect 2 ps3s and copy all the info from one to the other to get the game to install. Shit was annoying took me a week to figure out a solution.

As to the chat thing. Remember the golden rule. Do unto others if you dont like to be talked to in such a way dont think its ok to do it to others no matter if your annoyed (which sorry a couple of hours doesnt even remotely justify). Is MS customer service even based in the us?

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

I don't find mr puggsly attitude surprising to be honest. Why are you all surprised

Nicklesbe said:
Easy solution to your problem. Get a refund on the digital sale then simply get a hard copy. Digital is so unreliable and unpredictable it's amazing that MS pushed so hard for a digital only future and that so many blindly want it. If you want to prevent future hassles and pains in the ass there is an easy solution as well. Step 1: sell the Xb1. Step 2: Buy a ps4 + TLOU:R and never look back. Nostalgia is great and all but I foresee a lot more problems in your future. So either prepare for that and accept it as I have done, which means no more complaining about it or posting arguably rude interactions between sub-par customer support. Or you can do what many have done, something I won't do myself because I love a lot of the games which is end the obviously abusive relationship and stick to just Sony + Nintendo + PC.

Digital is generally pretty predictable. You download and it plays.

Unless Sony gets some money and buys Halo and Gears, I'm not going to settle with a PS4.

I'm sure in a future interaction I'm sure MS support will send me to Epic's website for a Gears of War 4 problem. And you know what? Its still better than the alternatives.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
I don't find mr puggsly attitude surprising to be honest. Why are you all surprised

I'll assume attitude means intolerance of abysmal customer service.

I got sent to Bungie's website!!!

Recently Completed

Had to do something like this once, it gone pretty well. (Portuguese support tho)

Mr Puggsly said:
Nicklesbe said:

Digital is generally pretty predictable. You download and it plays.

Unless Sony gets some money and buys Halo and Gears, I'm not going to settle with a PS4.

I'm sure in a future interaction I'm sure MS support will send me to Epic's website for a Gears of War 4 problem. And you know what? Its still better than the alternatives.

No generally it's pretty random even with the best infrastructure. If it was pretty predictable you'd have your game right now and you wouldn't be given the run around. Quite frankly no, no it's not better than the alternative and no offence but it's quite delusional or at the very least quite ignorant of the alternative to say it is. But hey lets blame the under-trained and unqualified customer support that isn't paid enough to care for your ignorance and choices that were obviously going to end badly :D.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

On chat support right now. Waiting for my turn. How about sound notifications, MS?

I am currently '3' in the queue and I am browsing vgc until it's my turn. No way to know what my number in the queue is but to check the chat support tab. Super annoying.

Update: I was redirected to a "click to call" page and nothing happened.

Update 2: I had to start another chat. After exchanging greetings the person I was supposed to chat with disappeared. 

LurkerJ said:

On chat support right now. Waiting for my turn. How about sound notifications, MS?

I am currently '3' in the queue and I am browsing vgc until it's my turn. No way to know what my number in the queue is but to check the chat support tab. Super annoying.

Update: I was redirected to a "click to call" page and nothing happened.

Update 2: I had to start another chat. After exchanging greetings the person I was supposed to chat with disappeared. 

Yeah that is very annoying. Most chat supports have sound notifications. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54