By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What % of the UK and US games market does Amazon account for? (roughly)

The Fury said:
man-bear-pig said:
Was just looking at GAME's site...it's hard to believe they have 30% of the UK market. Literally everything is like £5-£10 dearer than amazon

Very simply, they are on the high street and deal with second hand/exchanges. 

Ahh yes, I didn't factor in used game sales etc. Amazon's share of new game sales should be higher than the 6% (or whatever) of the market they have

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
The Fury said:
man-bear-pig said:
Was just looking at GAME's site...it's hard to believe they have 30% of the UK market. Literally everything is like £5-£10 dearer than amazon

Ahh yes, I didn't factor in used game sales etc. Amazon's share of new game sales should be higher than the 6% (or whatever) of the market they have

yes. without the used games and consoles, gamestop would be behind wal-mart

man-bear-pig said:
The Fury said:
man-bear-pig said:

Yes, I do think that without used games, Amazon would have more of the market but then so would Tesco and Asda. What is never considered with the games market though is ebay, it's both used and new yet I have no idea if it is considered in market share.

Hmm, pie.

I would think it is big in the UK because people from all around the world buy games from Amazon UK. Prices drop fast and in some countries it is cheaper anyway.