By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What % of the UK and US games market does Amazon account for? (roughly)

Was just looking at GAME's site...it's hard to believe they have 30% of the UK market. Literally everything is like £5-£10 dearer than amazon

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
Was just looking at GAME's site...it's hard to believe they have 30% of the UK market. Literally everything is like £5-£10 dearer than amazon

Very simply, they are on the high street and deal with second hand/exchanges. 

Hmm, pie.

GamechaserBE said:
prinz_valium said:
GamechaserBE said:
Guess my number is outdated =p..

thought it was a joke

Nah, I remember the number from a Neogaf thread some years ago..Thought from 2012 but must be older...

wow. 1% is incredible low.

i would say amazon is the second biggest game retailer here in germany after mediasaturn.

we just dont have any other big electronic retailer

6% is a big enough sample to base trends on. That's how statistics work.

bubblegamer said:

depends on the demographics.

its not good enough as u can see on the software sales (soutpark ps3 ahead of x360 on amazon)

destiny bundle ahead of infamous second son

but its still good enough to make some educated guess

online shoppers are still diffrent from offline shoppers

Around the Network
prinz_valium said:
bubblegamer said:

its not good enough as u can see on the software sales (soutpark ps3 ahead of x360 on amazon)

We don't know if they're different, i don't like to assume things like you. It is representative and that's more than enough.

bubblegamer said:
prinz_valium said:
bubblegamer said:

We don't know if they're different, i don't like to assume things like you. It is representative and that's more than enough.

there are many demographic studies, that say exactly that :D

otherwise the 6% amazon sample would be  95% accurate in EVERY way. but it isnt.

election are the best way to prove perfect demographics by a low sample size

prinz_valium said:

here are many demographic studies, that say exactly that :D

otherwise the 6% amazon sample would be  95% accurate in EVERY way. but it isnt.

Of course there are various studies, but that is not conclusive like you are assuming. Representative doesn't mean 100% correct which is why i used the word. English is not my first language too, but you can Google something when in doubt instead of just hitting reply.

I read recently that it was at 6% in the US, as of a couple of years ago. Don't ask me for a link though.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

bubblegamer said:
prinz_valium said:

here are many demographic studies, that say exactly that :D

Of course there are various studies, but that is not conclusive like you are assuming. Representative doesn't mean 100% correct which is why i used the word. English is not my first language too, but you can Google something when in doubt instead of just hitting reply.

everything is fine.

yes, representative doenst mean 100% accurate. but as i said, the best ones are 95% correct (election projections)

and amazon is way off from that number. so i would call it "kind of"  representative ;)