By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo posts job listing for next-gen console engineer

Should we have THE POWER to remove polls?

Yes! 18 36.73%

Si! 3 6.12%

Да! 20 40.82%

Ja! 7 14.29%

Total:48

never was a Nintendo console designed,made outside of Japan right ?

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
kljesta64 said:
never was a Nintendo console designed,made outside of Japan right ?

N64, NGC are built in the states. The Wii is technically just two NGCs glued together.

fory77 said:
pokoko said:
  • Much be OK with the fact that we'll probably just ignore them and go with something cheaper.

wat?

Well, I thought it was funny.

Seriously, though, I hope they aren't going to focus on low power consumption and a small form factor again.  I don't know about Japan but no one in the west cares about those things.

fory77 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Welp, they certainly need it after the wiiu

Isn't it normal for companies to start planning their next console right after they release one?

Yeaa but its interesting that they are highering new people for this while they already have tons of people that know about this field... Granted its still not that out of the ordinary but still quite interesting

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

fory77 said:

Isn't it normal for companies to start planning their next console right after they release one?

Yeaa but its interesting that they are highering new people for this while they already have tons of people that know about this field... Granted its still not that out of the ordinary but still quite interesting

I guess they are searching for new talents?

Around the Network
fory77 said:
fory77 said:

I guess they are searching for new talents?

Yep which is good cause they do need a second opinion imo

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

pokoko said:
fory77 said:
pokoko said:
  • Much be OK with the fact that we'll probably just ignore them and go with something cheaper.

wat?

Well, I thought it was funny.

Seriously, though, I hope they aren't going to focus on low power consumption and a small form factor again.  I don't know about Japan but no one in the west cares about those things.

Well it looks like it might be a powerfull-ish console if we go by what Vena said: "N64, NGC (2nd/most powerfull consoles of their gen) are built in the states. The Wii is technically just two NGCs glued together." idk about the Wii U

I can't wait to see what Nintendo will do next for their handhelds and home consoles. Although it will be years before I buy either, I have learnt my lesson with Nintendo launches.

Typically, R&D on a console begins right after the previous one hits the market. This job listing hits that the successor to the Wii U is a long way off in the future.

Do you think they would ever higher a mechanical engineer?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.