By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did PS3 owners accept lazy ports?

Tagged games:

The_Sony_Girl1 said:

Many ports such as Bayonetta were lazy ports. Why did PS3 owners still buy them? Look at Wii U owners. They knew their systems could do more, and boycotted lazy ports. Not PS3 owners. There were lazy ports of games that actually outsold the usually superior Xbox 360 games. Why didn't PS3 owners boycott lazy ports like Wii U owners.

1) Because I never noticed the difference (Besides Bayonetta which I never wanted anyways).

2) Some PS3 games even early on performed just as well or better.  I rememeber an analysis of COD4 that showed the PS3 version had far more objects and slightly better textures.

3) Why in god's name are you comparing the Wii U?  The Wii U is ~25% stronger than the PS3 and effectively has no dedicated network or HDD.  The devs are not lazy, their hands are just tied.

Around the Network

I have Bayonetta but it was a gift given to me; never finished it. Red Dead Redemption and Skyrim I bought myself and never finished them because open world game bore me to death and I hadn't realised yet. Can't think of any other games at the moment that I haver that are bad ports...

here is the thng. I dont play shitty games. i own ps3 and wiiu and 360. If it sucks, I dont play it.

Doesnt matter what system or exclusive or not. God of war is the only Sony first party series i like, and i think ascension is dogshit. Has nothing to do with boycotting.

Its so weird growing up we played games.if you didnt own the console chances are u knew someone who did and you just played theirs. we had silly playground arguments, but it was all just fun. Not about "supporting" developers and console makers.

when this become a charity or sport instead of just an entertainment purchase....

WiiU owners are not boycotting lazy ports, they just hardly buy any third party games.

Bayonetta got a patch that fixed the great majority of issues between the two platforms. The difference between multiplats was largely unnoticeable halfway through the generation.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
ghettoglamour said:
If a bad port is still an awesome game, like Skyrim, I'll play it. You know why? Because it's still fun.

If you think it's more fun to childlishly try to achieve anything by "boycotting" any games, go ahead

Exactly, if a game is fun who cares.

KLXVER said:
Spiltcoke said:
Him what do you mean? What choice did ps3 gamers have. Was either accept it or not play the games.

This is the problem right here. They did have a choice of buying a 360...but brand loyalty is more important than quality these days.

Or, if you're like me, the 360 RROD twice, the second time out of warranty, and you felt buying another iteration of the system that was not quality made was worse than playing a handful of multi platform games mildly interested in that ran worse on the system, PS3, that had zero issues personally.

For other people, I know many that buy 1 system for the exclusives and just deal with inferior multi platform titles, be they Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft exclusive fans on a budget.

Neodegenerate said:
KLXVER said:
Neodegenerate said:

As evidenced by the overwhelming lead the XB1 has over the PS4 in the US like they had last gen?

Some people just buy one system, and don't want to frontload another system purchase, it can actually be that simple.

Last gen the 360 version of games usually ran the best. This time its the PS4.

If you care about the performance of a system, then you do some research before blindly jumping onto one system.

You do realize that statement runs completely counter to your brand loyalty statement yes?

How?

KLXVER said:
Neodegenerate said:
KLXVER said:
Neodegenerate said:

As evidenced by the overwhelming lead the XB1 has over the PS4 in the US like they had last gen?

Some people just buy one system, and don't want to frontload another system purchase, it can actually be that simple.

Last gen the 360 version of games usually ran the best. This time its the PS4.

If you care about the performance of a system, then you do some research before blindly jumping onto one system.

You do realize that statement runs completely counter to your brand loyalty statement yes?

How?

Your initially statement of brand loyalty comes across as: People buy the system with the name they care for, not the quality of games.

Your logic on the statement about PS4 running the games better comes across as: People buy the system with the higher quality games, not the name they cared for last gen.

Well, what the hell did you want them to do? :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---