By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did PS3 owners accept lazy ports?

Tagged games:

Neodegenerate said:

Your initially statement of brand loyalty comes across as: People buy the system with the name they care for, not the quality of games.

Your logic on the statement about PS4 running the games better comes across as: People buy the system with the higher quality games, not the name they cared for last gen.

I didnt say anything about which one was the most popular. Its just a fact that the 360 and PS4 versions of games are usually superior to those of the PS3 and the XB1. I dont have any problems saying that because its not an opinion, its a fact.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Neodegenerate said:

Your initially statement of brand loyalty comes across as: People buy the system with the name they care for, not the quality of games.

Your logic on the statement about PS4 running the games better comes across as: People buy the system with the higher quality games, not the name they cared for last gen.

I didnt say anything about which one was the most popular. Its just a fact that the 360 and PS4 versions of games are usually superior to those of the PS3 and the XB1. I dont have any problems saying that because its not an opinion, its a fact.

Nothing I said had anything to do with popularity either.

Cause our (Nintendo) First Party rarely disappoints

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Neodegenerate said:
KLXVER said:
Neodegenerate said:

Nothing I said had anything to do with popularity either.

Then why did you make light of the fact that the PS4 is what most people choose?

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
ghettoglamour said:
If a bad port is still an awesome game, like Skyrim, I'll play it. You know why? Because it's still fun.

If you think it's more fun to childlishly try to achieve anything by "boycotting" any games, go ahead.

Oh? Bethsaeda makes good games full of bugs in every platform. It isn't fun when I play a game and in a hour find more than 10 bugs. Are you trying to insult me by saying I'm childish? Because I would never pay for a game that's fun but has so many bugs. Bethseada's bug testing team, if they even have one, are pathetic.

Bethesda. Something tells me they listen to their lazy developers.... Yeah, Arkane studios is the only one tested their game then confirmed ready for publish.

Around the Network
AZWification said:

Well, what the hell did you want them to do? :/

Downgraaaaaaade......

I didn't! My PS3 was just for exclusives and my Xbox was for multi-plats (And M$ exclusives). This gen is going to be the opposite.

The thing is, even if the PS3 version wasn't the best version, the difference was really blown out of proportion. A capable version was usually good enough. An missing texture or an extra second of load time only mattered when it came to bragging rights. If you have a certain console, that's where you game. You play what's available and you like it.

I bought Bayonetta used so cheaper that I didn't even care the unplayable state until play the 360 version... it was ridiculous... and I hated to be played it in that shame state (even before I found the game a 7/10 in my review scale).

After that I stopped to buy inferior or techinical mess ports on PS3... biggest example Skyrim... Bethesda needs to pay me to make me play it on PS3.

This generation I put some restrictions... no-1080p = no buy... but I'm avoiding some techincal mess even in 1080p like the last horor game released.

Angelv577 said:

Two reasons:
1. We were aware of ps3 complex architecture.
2. We knew that ports would get better over time as long as developer see potential on the platform.

I never bought bayonetta though, not because it was a lazy port but because the game never got my attention, otherwise, I would have bought it.

Don't forget reason 3.

The average consumer doesn't know if their version is inferior.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I don't think its fair to call developers lazy given the architecture used on PS3.

PS4 avoided that and we see better results from it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)