By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 4 Vs The Last of Us.

Tagged games:

Which was better?

The Last of Us. 309 53.55%

Resident Evil 4. 268 46.45%

Total:577

RE4, no contest. TLoU had the better story (not saying much) but RE4 had the better everything else. The gameplay most of all stands out to me.

Around the Network

Resi 4 is my 3rd favorite game of all time, so......... yeah! I think my answer should be obvious..... should be.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

hard to compare

One had better gameplay and the other had better cinematic and story interaction.

It's a shame that both were not new last gen. Would have been interesting how RE4 benefited from a modern system.

I'm going to edge out RE4 but barely as they both great games for different reasons.

Resident evil 4. Good times on the gamecube

What if Naughty Dog were to make the next big Resident Evil game..?

Also, RE4 > TLOU because gameplay is better.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
Relative to their time of release i'd say they're about equal, but in the present TLOU is considerably better.

I agree. The nostalgia might be affecting some people, but in terms of gameplay RE4 shows its age. The gameplay isn't bad, but it's stiff and feels dated. TLOU is a lot better in terms of shooting, melee and pretty much all aspects of gameplay. 

So yeah without taking into account that RE4 released 10 years ago TLOU is easily better. At the time of release both are masterpieces and close in quality. I'd still give the edge to TLOU because I prefer its story however.

The Last of Us for story, RE4 for gameplay.

TLoU felt too long for such tedious gameplay.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

RE4 no competition, but I haven't played TLoU and won't =D

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Gameplay and level-design: Resident Evil 4
Story and characters: The Last of Us

Neither makes it to my favorite games of all time list, though they are both very good games and about equal. Because I find gameplay to be a lot more important than everything else, Resident Evil 4 wins this.

Resident Evil: Revelations runs three laps around both these games though .

Re4 is the beggining of the downfall and aint even a real resident evil, didn't even motivated me to finish it (have finished re1, 2 with both chars, 3 and X). TLOU is the game of 2 generations as we know.
about the figths more obvious impossible. Everyone in tlou is human (and history is plausible) so ada and leon are better (and exagerated) fighters than Joel and Tess, but Ellie would kick Ashley but all way around the globe. I would replay all re from 1 to x 5 times before going 4 (and I played and liked Wii versions and outbreak).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."