By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Last three games you bought and how do you rate them.

Tagged games:

Why did you buy this last game?

Cause I wanted it! 45 73.77%

Cause it was cheap. 8 13.11%

Cause I have a problem... 8 13.11%

Total:61
mysticwolf said:
Smash Bros 3DS, paid $23 after trading in some games - 9/10. It's great! Nice transition to portable systems. Haven't explored the entire game yet, but so far so good.

Tokyo Jungle, paid 99 cents when I got it in April during that awesome sale. 7/10. It's a pretty cool game, but it hasn't really held my attention as much as other games.

Ni No Kuni (PS3). paid around 9 dollars during a sale in February. 10/10 it's an amazing RPG, a must-have for RPG fans.

I don't buy a whole lot of games nowadays, I'm still working on a pretty decent backlog. But if I do buy a game, it will usually be a game that's on sale.

Don't forget Studio Ghibli fans too :)

Around the Network

Hyrule Warriors 10/10
Shovel Knight 9/10
The wolff among us (all episodes) 8/10

Sniper elite v3. 6/10

Diablo 3 ultimate evil edition 8/10

Destiny (7/10) (level scaling and therefore lack of enemy types took away two points for me.)

WhiteEaglePL said:

2.Zelda Link's Awakeing - wanted to try a Zelda game. It's my second. So far, about 8/10.

I hope you haven't died yet, and if you did, LET IT NOT REGISTER on the Death Counter. You get a little secret ending if your death counter is at 0 deaths... Link's Awakening is definitely one of the best Zelda in terms of Story (nice twist at the end), and gameplay.

OT: I could just remember 6 games, so...

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U): 9.0/10. Wrote a long ass review for it later in September so here's the link... http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=190611&page=1 if anybody is interested.

Destiny (PS3): 7.8/10. Bought it to see what all the hype is about for the PS3. Beautiful looking game with Halo-ese gameplay, and addictive online multiplayer.  It looks like a Lambourghini but Unfortunately drives like it has 2001 parts, recycling LOTS of online mechanics and features from REALLY early MMOs (Notoriously Phantasy Star Online). If they can somehow fix the ancient Online features (and adding many other ones) and make sense of it's lacking story, this game can be a 9.5 in the future, but that's a BIG IF!

Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3): 8.8/10. New Focus attack, lots of improved character balance, and new characters make this edition of SFIV feel like a great revamp of the game.

Earthbound (Wii U): ??/10. Haven't played it because I'm playing Hyrule Warriors, but as soon as I finish it I will start Earthbound! Can't wait to play this cult classic!

Hyrule Warriors (Wii U): 8.0/10. Love the remix of the Zelda music, graphics look epic, and EXTREMELY LONG Gameplay options with DLC available make you coming back to give the villians of Hyrule an epic Hack-and Slash Beatdown for monthd to come! Also love playing with character other than Link...

Super Smash Bros. 3DS (3DS): 9.4/10. The surprise of the year for me. The reason why I haven't finish completing Hyrule Warriors is because of this portable masterpiece. Sure the controllers are clunky, and keeping up with the characters is hard on 4 player mode. But the content, the flow of the fights, the mass array of Characters, the sound of old classic and remixed Nintendo tunes, the graphics for a portable, and the addicting online experience has me recharging my 3DS countlessly!

I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

2.Zelda Link's Awakeing - wanted to try a Zelda game. It's my second. So far, about 8/10.

I hope you haven't died yet, and if you did, LET IT NOT REGISTER on the Death Counter. You get a little secret ending if your death counter is at 0 deaths... Link's Awakening is definitely one of the best Zelda in terms of Story (nice twist at the end), and gameplay.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U): 9.0/10. Wrote a long ass review for it later in September so here's the link... http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=190611&page=1 if anybody is interested.

Destiny (PS3): 7.8/10. Bought it to see what all the hype is about for the PS3. Beautiful looking game with Halo-ese gameplay, and addictive online multiplayer.  It looks like a Lambourghini but Unfortunately drives like it has 2001 parts, recycling LOTS of online mechanics and features from REALLY early MMOs (Notoriously Phantasy Star Online). If they can somehow fix the ancient Online features (and adding many other ones) and make sense of it's lacking story, this game can be a 9.5 in the future, but that's a BIG IF!

Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3): 8.8/10. New Focus attack, lots of improved character balance, and new characters make this edition of SFIV feel like a great revamp of the game.

Earthbound (Wii U): ??/10. Haven't played it because I'm playing Hyrule Warriors, but as soon as I finish it I will start Earthbound! Can't wait to play this cult classic!

Hyrule Warriors (Wii U): 8.0/10. Love the remix of the Zelda music, graphics look epic, and EXTREMELY LONG Gameplay options with DLC available make you coming back to give the villians of Hyrule an epic Hack-and Slash Beatdown for monthd to come! Also love playing with character other than Link...

Super Smash Bros. 3DS (3DS): 9.4/10. The surprise of the year for me. The reason why I haven't finish completing Hyrule Warriors is because of this portable masterpiece. Sure the controllers are clunky, and keeping up with the characters is hard on 4 player mode. But the content, the flow of the fights, the mass array of Characters, the sound of old classic and remixed Nintendo tunes, the graphics for a portable, and the addicting online experience has me recharging my 3DS countlessly!

Oh, well I will watch the secret ending at the end on TY then. It's my second Zelda, and it's unexpecedly harder than ALBW so I died at least 30 times by now.

Around the Network

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - No score yet/10

Haven't gotten very far yet, but I'm enjoying what I have played so far. The oxygen/gravity mechanic really adds a lot to a game like this and there is a lot of verticality, which you will see in the second boss fight of the game. Other than that, it's a lot like Borderlands 2 and I'm not hating on that. I think it will be hard for Gearbox to go back to the normal style after this entry.

Smash Bros 3DS - 8.7/10

I will say this is a great game and certainly captures the feel of Smash Bros on a handheld. It is quick and the amount of effort they had gone to get that feel is awesome. However, it just seems like something is missing for some reason. I don't know if it's just some modes that were moreorless a staple of the series or something else. I do love Smash Run, though, and will likely always go back to play a few rounds of that.

Shadow of Mordor - 9.3/10

I absolutely love this game, from the combat system (yes, I know it's Arkham series' system) to the Nemesis System and almost everything in between. The lack of environments is something I would detract from the score, as there's really only two in the game (yes, I know the game's world is lacking because of the situations) and the main story is fairly short as well.

Tales Of Xillia 2 $160 (special edition.... my wallet) - 7.5/10

Another standard entry into the Tales formula of games. In some ways a little better than the first one, but overall felt smaller and padded with filler.

Hyrule Warriors $99 (special edition... again) - 7.5

Slightly better than other Warrior games due to Zelda fanfare and tweaked combat/bosses, but still a Warriors game at its core. Music is great and it has a lot to do, but lack of voices really kills it.

Lego City Undercover $59 - 7.7

Actually a rather enjoyable game. The great humour and charm shines through in this kid friendly GTA game. But combat is really meh, and platforming simple and obstructed by poor camera at times.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Mario Kart 8: 9.2

Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright : 8.8

Divinity Original Sin: 8.5

I also got some PS3 games, but I unfortunately haven't had time to play them extensively. :(

WhiteEaglePL said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

Oh, well I will watch the secret ending at the end on TY then. It's my second Zelda, and it's unexpecedly harder than ALBW so I died at least 30 times by now.

Yeah I died a lot too...  but always reseted it at the animation of death . No matter, utube it afterwords . Small difference anyway...

I only remember buying MK8 in the last months and I give it a 9/10! A pretty good Mario Kart game!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---