By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gameplay Trailer for Mass-Murdering Shooter Is Beyond Brutal

This is as low as low can get.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
This game looks like Jack Thompson's and demagogic news reporters wet dream.

Game that centers around mass killing innocents just for the purpose of mass killing innocents would be terrible for the industry

we already had games like Postal, Manhunt , Carmageddon and so on

this one might be a bit more blatent, but it's not different to what we have been gaming for decades and the industry still survived

toot1231 said:
This is as low as low can get.

no, there is worse that this

Well thats kinda fucked up...Make whatever game you want to make, but this is beyond my tolerance for disgusting brutality.

That should just be banned. Killing random people in such a twisted way just isn't healthy or normal - who would want to even play it?

Lafiel said:
Kane1389 said:
This game looks like Jack Thompson's and demagogic news reporters wet dream.

Game that centers around mass killing innocents just for the purpose of mass killing innocents would be terrible for the industry

we already had games like Postal, Manhunt , Carmageddon and so on

this one might be a bit more blatent, but it's not different to what we have been gaming for decades and the industry still survived

Yeah but this game clearly takes a lot of stuff and themes from the actual massive shootings that happened in real life such as Columbine high school shooting, whereas the other games usually had their own twist that only existed in their own world.

Its not that the industry will suffer badly from this, but i can already see some news channels and anti-gaming people in general like Sarkesian or Jack Thompson drooling themselvees over using this game as an example to further their agendas

Around the Network

Context is everything.

IMO this is unnecessarily sick. Sure, we've been killing fictional people in video games for a long time now, but at least you've got a reason and the devs try to make you hate the enemies. This game represents mass murdering of innocent people in a extremely brutal and graphical way, so much that it is not even fun. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah this is... violent, at least.

Seriously, ignoring the 'theme', such a game could be fun if only for an hour. Such mindlessness however gets boring quickly, when you realize how sick it actually is. The game has it's 15-minutes of fame with this news, it won't get much further and will be forgotten about the day after tomorrow.

Hmm. I'm not sure how to feel. I love being the stereotypical "hero" when I play games, playing my first playthorugh on games like InFamous and Mass Effect as the good guy (with a hint of renegade when possible) I don't enjoy killing the innocent ( in games, hence my dislike for GTA) so I don't see myself buying this. However, there is no reason for any real controversy when it is nothing hurting anybody (as distasteful as the concept is)

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Frankly, it just made me laugh, it's so ludicrously edgy that I have a hard time taking it seriously. That was a lot of adverbs for one sentence.