By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gameplay Trailer for Mass-Murdering Shooter Is Beyond Brutal

Slade6alpha said:
Ugh... forced shock value just to stir up controversy. What's the motive here? Just cause you're angry and hate the world? Why not make a game where you get to gun down children in a school? Or manuever a plane into a bulding, watch people scream and perish. Utter trash.

Gee, I don't know...maybe the motive is entertainment? Does the fact that COD presents itself as historically accurate mean that blasting the crap out of other human beings makes it OK?

Try to do at least ONE good deed everyday....

Around the Network
artur-fernand said:
This isn't like other violent games out there, guys. Even something like GTA, CoD, BF or God of War don't depict "realistic" violence. It's "fictional" violence, if that makes any sense.

This game though... it shows extremely realistic murder. The lighting, the shots at gunpoint, the victims crying and begging for their lives... Consider this: after playing MK, GoW, GTA and etc, this is the first time in my life I've actually felt repulsion over violence in a video game. I actually felt bad watching the trailer.

It looks kinda fun (kinda reminds me of Dead Nation, which is pretty good), but that realistic violence and the "I fucking hate this world" stuff (aka "trying too hard to be edgy")... I'll pass.

This is the view I have, well said.

And even with baloofarsan's post about GTA5 and killing hookers, I haven't played GTA5 but that isn't what the game is about (It's the subject that matters) nor did I like what I saw because it's weird, yet with Mortal Kombat there is a huge amount of disbelief removing me from the situation.

Hmm, pie.

artur-fernand said:
This isn't like other violent games out there, guys. Even something like GTA, CoD, BF or God of War don't depict "realistic" violence. It's "fictional" violence, if that makes any sense.

This game though... it shows extremely realistic murder. The lighting, the shots at gunpoint, the victims crying and begging for their lives... Consider this: after playing MK, GoW, GTA and etc, this is the first time in my life I've actually felt repulsion over violence in a video game. I actually felt bad watching the trailer.

It looks kinda fun (kinda reminds me of Dead Nation, which is pretty good), but that realistic violence and the "I fucking hate this world" stuff (aka "trying too hard to be edgy")... I'll pass.

Ohhhhh got ya. You mean beating up hookers and killing Japanese and german soldiers in the "fun" way. 

TheJimbo1234 said:
That should just be banned. Killing random people in such a twisted way just isn't healthy or normal - who would want to even play it?

Hey Jimbo, I agree completely. While you are at it, why not make up a list of all the books, movies, and music you want banned as well. Maybe we can have a huge book burning...great fun huh?

mZuzek said:

Oh god. Next hardcorez edgy teenager craze, here we go.

The worst part is when the developers say "everyone is polite and does colorful, politically correct games nowadays", I mean what the actual fuck? The biggest game releases of the past couple of years were a FPS with very dark themes involving religion and patriotism, a GTA game (no explanation needed), a TPS with a deep story and zombies, a FPS where you fight in a war using mechs, a FPS in outer space where you kill aliens all the time and a GTA-like game where you hack stuff and blow shit up. Yes, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, GTA V, Titanfall, Watch Dogs and Destiny are all extremely politically correct games, they're all very colorful and seem to want to be some sort of higher art.

These guys must be freaking high. I hope this never has any sort of success, although they already achieved the success they knew they could get because of controversy.

EDIT: And that's not even mentioning what still is the current hardcorez edgy teenager craze, Call of Duty. Also extremely colorful and corrrect.

I didn't know Angry Birds, Minecraft, Temple Run and Doodle Jump did any of that .. maybe I should have a look at them after all.

Around the Network
bobfulci said:
artur-fernand said:

Ohhhhh got ya. You mean beating up hookers and killing Japanese and german soldiers in the "fun" way. 

Why are you so fierce in defending this game anyway? I don't think the game should be banned or anything, I just said that the game actually made me feel bad, in a way that never happened to me in years of gaming. Granted, that was obviously the devs' intention all along. Negative publicity is still publicity.

First of all this is nothing like hotline miami. HM is a techno drug induced, 80's renegade hitman style machismo beatem-up presented in an arcade format.

It does remind me a lot of manhunt, with the brutal death sequences. Hopefully this will act as a release for the real life violent tendencies people have.

watching this makes me feel bad,
i think it´s good that a game doesn´t try to glorify killing, but instead shows it in disgusting realism

This looks awesome.

Day 1 for me. People are overreacting.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros