By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Might Have A Chance to Become the Best Selling DW Game in the US! (If Not Top 3 of the Series)

pokoko said:
Mnementh said:
pokoko said:

What the hell are you talking about?

As I wrote, I don't think anyone took Hyrule Warriors for the next Zelda, it was pretty clear it's a Warriors game. So why should it be compared to Zelda-games? At most I would say, all comparisons are flawed, but where is the fun in this. It's clearly a Warriors game like One Piece Musou and should be compared to these games.

You're telling me that most of the people who bought Hyrule Warriors bought it because it's a Warriors game?  I'm guessing that most of the 5 million people who bought Link's Crossbow Training just really liked crossbows, too?

No, that wasn't what I said, and you can read it right well in what I really said. I said most people knew clear and well that HW wasn't the next Zelda, so what I said was basically that people were buying it despite it's just a Warriors game. Yes, that's what I said. I know that the Zelda skins are inciting more interest in the west, that was the reason they did that. Still everyone knows it isn't a new Zelda. So why are you trying so hard to imply that people were fooled into buying Hyrule Warriors?

Interesting you throw in Links Crossbow Training *NOW*. Because that is a much better comparison, as a Zelda spinoff. Still, Crossbow Training wouldn't have sold that much without bundling with the Zapper. Still, much better comparison. But you never mentioned it before. Also 'Freshly-Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland' is a Zelda-spinoff that works as a comparison for Hyrule Warriors.

But before this post, you were always implying we should compare Hyrule Warriors with Mainline Zeldas, that is basically the same as comparing Theatrythm:FF with mainline Final Fantasy.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
padib said:

If people are so sensitive because a person compares a game that sold better than another and refuse to talk about it, I think that's a fault.

I agree. My post was mainly about how T-bone (or anyone) can discuss whatever they want...

I just said that I don't get why everyone feels the need to compare, I never tried to stop anyone else from doing it  

Let's hope there weren't people  who bought it thinking it's a Zelda game  

Mnementh said:
pokoko said:

You're telling me that most of the people who bought Hyrule Warriors bought it because it's a Warriors game?  I'm guessing that most of the 5 million people who bought Link's Crossbow Training just really liked crossbows, too?

No, that wasn't what I said, and you can read it right well in what I really said. I said most people knew clear and well that HW wasn't the next Zelda, so what I said was basically that people were buying it despite it's just a Warriors game. Yes, that's what I said. I know that the Zelda skins are inciting more interest in the west, that was the reason they did that. Still everyone knows it isn't a new Zelda. So why are you trying so hard to imply that people were fooled into buying Hyrule Warriors?

Interesting you throw in Links Crossbow Training *NOW*. Because that is a much better comparison, as a Zelda spinoff. Still, Crossbow Training wouldn't have sold that much without bundling with the Zapper. Still, much better comparison. But you never mentioned it before. Also 'Freshly-Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland' is a Zelda-spinoff that works as a comparison for Hyrule Warriors.

But before this post, you were always implying we should compare Hyrule Warriors with Mainline Zeldas, that is basically the same as comparing Theatrythm:FF with mainline Final Fantasy.

Perhaps you do not understand the difference between imply and infer?  All I've ever said is other Zelda games--which includes spin-offs--and I never once said people were "fooled".

This entire thing has turned ridiculous.  If you want to battle over something as meaningless as thing, then go find someone else.  I'm sure it won't be hard.  It's getting impossible to even have a discussion without people acting as if their family honor has been insulted.

AshKetchum1992 said:

Let's hope there weren't people  who bought it thinking it's a Zelda game  

I doubt it. If the game had been called Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors a few might have been fooled by the title but Nintendo has been pretty clear from the start that this isn't a Legend of Zelda game.

Around the Network
padib said:

There are some cases when people compare to put another game down, but that should be the exception and mods look into trolling patterns in users.

In other cases I think it's really our only way of finding answers on what sells and what doesn't. And on a sales site, that's number 1.

I think it's important that it's something really clear for you and everyone else here because I strongly believe that's the primary purpose of this forum.

Yup

I understand. I totally get that it's a sales website. I used to go on here for that very purpose. I now stay because of the community. I like the people here. I like discussions about games more than sales. That's just me though

pokoko said:
Mnementh said:
pokoko said:

Perhaps you do not understand the difference between imply and infer?  All I've ever said is other Zelda games--which includes spin-offs--and I never once said people were "fooled".

This entire thing has turned ridiculous.  If you want to battle over something as meaningless as thing, then go find someone else.  I'm sure it won't be hard.  It's getting impossible to even have a discussion without people acting as if their family honor has been insulted.

Maybe I don't understand the difference between imply and infer, I'm not a native english speaker, I'm a german. And yes you didn't said people were fooled, but you talked like it was the case. Yes, many people wouldn't have bought Hyrule Warriors without the zelda-skin, still they were with the usual few exceptions well aware that this wasn't a Zelda-game. And by that I mean mainline-game. Nobody includes Crossbow training or rupeeland into Zelda-games, like nobody includes Theatrhythm into Final Fantasy games. That you do is only to belittle the sales of Hyrule Warrior. You were the one throwing away the comparison to Dynasty Warriors but bringing up a comparison to Zelda. But most people who would buy Zelda didn't buy Hyrule Warriors, because they know it isn't a mainline Zelda. but some bought it, because they were interested in Warriors games or interested in new gameplay experiences and want the zelda fanservice. Nothing wrong with that. That makes the comparison to One Piece Pirate Warriors or Gundam Warriors the best matching comparison, still a comparison to Dynasty Warriors is much ridiculous than one to mainline Zeldas (and as I said, if people say Final Fantasy they don't mean Theatrhythm and then they say Zelda they don't mean Rupeeland). But you act as if your family honor has been insulted by the fact, that a bit of Zelda-lore can sell a Warriors game quite well. Why are you so upset about that, that you have to ridicule yourself?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]