By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do people around you think about the wii?

MANUELF said:
We have noticed that most of the people who likes PS3 is less than he likes the Wii, the average of PS3fans was 15 or 16 years and the Wii is 27 or 28, which means this? That the majority of those who love the PS3 are teenagers and they don´t buy their games, they bought their parents.

could you link me to this survey or whatever you are getting this from....I tried a bit to find it with google but failed miserably.  Thank you in advance.

Around the Network
MANUELF said:
We have noticed that most of the people who likes PS3 is less than he likes the Wii, the average of PS3fans was 15 or 16 years and the Wii is 27 or 28, which means this? That the majority of those who love the PS3 are teenagers and they don´t buy their games, they bought their parents.

Why does being a teenager mean that your parents buy your games? I fit perfectly into your PS3 category, and I do buy my games (+ what do you mean by "they bought their parents"?)

zackblue said:
lemieux-rules66 said:
ok the Sony fanboys who own a wii say its great, the sony fanboys who don't own a Wii say's its crap, the 360 fanyboys who one say. Its amazing, the 360 fanboy's who don't own one say its a terrible piece of sh*t. And all the Nintendo fanboy's who own it say it is teh greatest thing ever. And my teachers who own a Wii say's its the most amazing thing ever made.

Fanboys are idiots, they dont know what they are talking about most of the time therefore ignore there posts, also its strange that your teachers own a video game system.

"It's strange that your teachers own a video game system"

Funny, I thought teachers were human, and as such, liked to have fun.  Perhaps this is a new opinion of mine developed after I got out of high school.

@dante

"Also i love how people in this thread make it sound like there intellectually superior to the kids who dont own a wii and enjoy fps. its pretty sad"

True.  Nothing wrong with liking a fps, or any other genre.  But, one of the points being made, is that a number of kids say < 18yo will say that the Wii is just for little kids.  And they want to appear 'cool' with the more adult games.  And yet, a large number of adults are playing the Wii  (average age = 29 per Nintendo  see  http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,140575-c,gameconsoles/article.html  )  

So the irony is kids wanting the PS360 to be adults, but adults wanting the Wii to feel young again. 

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

My parents, who hated gaming for most of my life, just bought a Wii

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Renar said:
zackblue said:
lemieux-rules66 said:
ok the Sony fanboys who own a wii say its great, the sony fanboys who don't own a Wii say's its crap, the 360 fanyboys who one say. Its amazing, the 360 fanboy's who don't own one say its a terrible piece of sh*t. And all the Nintendo fanboy's who own it say it is teh greatest thing ever. And my teachers who own a Wii say's its the most amazing thing ever made.

Fanboys are idiots, they dont know what they are talking about most of the time therefore ignore there posts, also its strange that your teachers own a video game system.

"It's strange that your teachers own a video game system"

Funny, I thought teachers were human, and as such, liked to have fun.  Perhaps this is a new opinion of mine developed after I got out of high school.

@dante

"Also i love how people in this thread make it sound like there intellectually superior to the kids who dont own a wii and enjoy fps. its pretty sad"

True.  Nothing wrong with liking a fps, or any other genre.  But, one of the points being made, is that a number of kids say < 18yo will say that the Wii is just for little kids.  And they want to appear 'cool' with the more adult games.  And yet, a large number of adults are playing the Wii  (average age = 29 per Nintendo  see  http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,140575-c,gameconsoles/article.html  )  

So the irony is kids wanting the PS360 to be adults, but adults wanting the Wii to feel young again. 

Don't be stupid

Around the Network

7 Aunties and their husbands, 1 uncle and his wife... LOVES IT
5 40's cousins LOVES IT
7 girl cousins 20s LOVES IT
4 guy cousins 20s LOVES IT/HATES IT

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Renar said:
zackblue said:
lemieux-rules66 said:

No one is buying a PS3/360 to feel like adults, the wii has no good games compared to the other consoles and thats why they want the PS3/360.  I also find adults suck at games so they feel that the wii is easy to get into becasue they cannot compete with their kids at other games.

Griffin said:
Renar said:
zackblue said:
lemieux-rules66 said:

No one is buying a PS3/360 to feel like adults, the wii has no good games compared to the other consoles and thats why they want the PS3/360. I also find adults suck at games so they feel that the wii is easy to get into becasue they cannot compete with their kids at other games.

Oh, is that what's going on? Good thing you cleared that up instead of just posting bullshit.

I know 4 other people who own a Wii: my stepbrother (9), my sister's boyfriend (20), a guy college friend (21), and a girl college friend (23?). They all love it. All my friends and roommates love it too. In fact, I can't really think of anyone I know who doesn't like the Wii. I'm either in a very closed circle, or the Wii has mass appeal.

Griffin said:
Renar said:
zackblue said:
lemieux-rules66 said:

No one is buying a PS3/360 to feel like adults, the wii has no good games compared to the other consoles and thats why they want the PS3/360. I also find adults suck at games so they feel that the wii is easy to get into becasue they cannot compete with their kids at other games.

now i know what Zack means

OT: i know 5 people who own a wii. two 16 year old males, a 20 year old male, a 19 year old male, a 16 year old female, and soon a family i know is buying one. (four of those people were conviced to getting one after playing mine). all of them love it, and play their wiis regularly. i go around the 20 year old's heaps of times and we have heaps of fun playing guitar hero and other games.

i know three people who own 360s and none who own ps3's. the guys i know who have a 360 do prefer it but still enjoy coming over and playing the wii, i dont know anyone who hates or even really dislikes the wii.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

all think its a joke, they all are males 20-30ish old many own 360 now switching to PS3 since well 360 is staring to kinda suck.