By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do people around you think about the wii?

I have a bunch of friends who has wii , but i have seen with my eyes,that the wii is absorbing dust like a bastard.

-Universe aeons ago.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
super_etecoon said:
Bodhesatva said:
Most people I know reinforce the stereotypes I personally subscribe to.

oh...is that how this thread works.

Pointless thread decoded.

If you haven't noticed it's been an outlet for the usual fanboys to troll and blame it on their friends or just someone they know, like that imaginary pixie they live wtih, so they don't get banned for trolling.

lol...If you missed my sarcasm I sure hope you caught Bod's.

I caught on to your sarcasm but I like being blunt and straightforward, "thats my style kick em when they're down"

*edit* Guess the quote you get a cookie.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Bodhesatva said:
Most people I know reinforce the stereotypes I personally subscribe to.

We all know what you think bod, everyone loves the wii except 12-24 year old males becasue all they want to do is kill, and they think the wii is a kiddy console.

Nixon...on Futurama...

d21lewis said:
"the only real games they own are SMG and maybe RE4"

What's the definition of a real game? Adventure games aren't the end all be all of video games. They're just one genre. Wii Sports is a real game too. I'm sure a couple of your friends own it.

One you can by at the store. I play fake wii game all the time like

Catch the remote before it hits the tv
or jump rope with to nunchuck controlrs

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

Everyone I know thinks its really fun and anyone who has ever bought a game console owns one, except my teenage brothers who just can't afford it. No jobs, etc.

Instead they got a 360 awhile back and barely get games for that and they play Wii at my house all the time as well.

I also have my mom, who has never shown interest in games, that owns one.

Now when I say everyone I know, I mean all of my friends and quite a few of my coworkers. Now nearly all of these people classify as casuals. They would never play Metroid Prime 3, GTA, Halo, etc. But they really love Wii Sports, Play, Galaxy, MAdden, GH3, etc.

Then I have one friend who owns a PS360 and until a week ago had not purchased a Wii because he was convinced that it was just old technology and would die off. lol. He's played at my house many times and admitted it was really fun, but, he just didn't want to buy "last gen hardware". In January he finally said he was wrong and was now trying to find one. He finally scored on a week ago. lol. What's funny is he plays the 360 and now the Wii for family stuff and his kids are playing Zelda/Galaxy, but never plays the PS3 for more than a Bluray player. He sold the only two games he had for it, MotorStorm and Resistance.

Now we are pre-planning our Mario Kart matches w/ the rest of our friends. Lovin' the 12 people online matches.

Most people I know either have it, or said good things about it. I haven't heard anything negative about the wii (those around me range from 12-60). The only time I hear "wii is a fad" or "wii is for kiddies" is online in forums. And oh, actually from a 33 year old hardcore Sony fanboy who is a friend of my bro-in-law who may have said 'PS3's great, you're a fanboy, wii is for kids'.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

All of my sons friends have a Wii (some have a PS3 or 360 as well). Everyone seems to love it, it's the 'fun' system. Those with two systems seem to be getting GH3 on Wii since more of their friends have Wiis than any other system.

Of my friends that have consoles, one has a PS3 (and looking for a Wii) and the rest all have Wiis or are looking for one.

super_etecoon said:
Nixon...on Futurama...

You win the cookie!  I love that quote.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

-jump rope with 2 nunchuck controlrs: Game of the Year Nominee! Trust me on this one.