By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why are you still here?

Why do you keep coming back (Primarily)

The chartz! 108 35.88%

The peoplez/Forumz! 78 25.91%

The articlez! 3 1.00%

The adz! (lol) 9 2.99%

I don't know.... I shoul... 102 33.89%

Total:300
RCTjunkie said:
BTW, ioi. If you are reading this, the poll says that more people come for ads than for the news articles on the side. Let that sink in. :P

So we need more ads.

MOAAAAR ADS PLZ IOI!!!!1!!11!!!!11!

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
When I first signed up to this site, I was around 15/16 years old. I'm now 23. I was living in United Kingdom, I'm now a Hong Kong resident. I never held a job in my life and was in the closing years of secondary school. I've now graduated from University and have a lucrative career in an investment bank. I had never kissed a girl, I'm now in the second year of a relationship with a woman who I will probably marry in the future.

In short, I grew up here. Back when I first signed, I was an avid gamer. I miss those nights whether it was just me, or with friends, where I/we would order pizza, get in big bottles of coke, big bags of Dorito's and Haribos and just just game all night. I spent most of my free time on this very site - I loved the community, and I felt respected.

In college / uni, I developed (as most do) in my mind politically / philosophically, and I found that the politics section was the perfect mix of people where we could have healthy debate without feeling singled out, there were always multiple viewpoints, people shifting "allegiances", etc. A great time

As much as I love my life now, I miss the past. I can't have those nights in with friends anymore. Hell, I'm not even remotely in the same timezone as them. Between my career, my relationship, maintaining contact with people back West, and all the other crap that comes with being an adult, games are almost a no-go. One or two hours a week, if I'm lucky (and that includes time spent on the crapper with my phone).

But I still have vgchartz, that's my blast from the past. I'm like the retired cop who kept hold of his radio. It's why I stick around. I get so much joy out of seeing old faces around here, even if I never interacted with them before they departed (looking at you super_etecoon).

I might try and give something back to the community. I'll have a think.

lovely post man. It's been almost 6 years for me now, and very formative ones at that, as it was December of my freshman year of college when i signed up, and i have changed much since then (i should say for the better. My rage issues are not gone but are now negligible in the big picture, and i'm slowly trying to normalize my social life for the first time ever). VGC's changed too, but has done so with me.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I keep coming back for both the charts and the forums. It keeps me up to date on alot of gaming news also :D

This site is so addictive, people who intentionally wanted their account permabanned came back as a different user! And don't forget the flaming weazel, trying to enter this site every now and then!

This thread is actually a really good read, nice to see some real oldies posting in here!

Around the Network

The forum is fun. Plus, game news. I don't check other sites often.

I enjoy the community here. However, since school is back in (I'm a teacher) I have been coming here less. Probably would come more if I wasnt constantly redirected to the app store when I visit this site with my ipad. The site is blocked on my work pc, so I can really only visit on my ipad, but the redirects make it annoying as hell...

I'm still here because the mods were merciful enough to not permaban me on my first post. They sure tried though since then.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The community mostly. It's big enough that it's always active, but small enough that i regularly bump into the members whose faces i oh so desperately want to punch :D

The sales numbers are also nice. I don't put a huge amount of value in their accuracy, but they lead to interesting discussions and that's all i really care about.

axumblade said:
Ka-pi96 said:
axumblade said:
I keep coming back because...well...this week my facebook feed is being flooded with talk about Ebola.

That sounds quite annyoing, I haven't heard anything about Ebola on facebook yet, just... everywhere else...

Good to have you still coming back though

Fortunately, most of my friends seem to understand the likelihood of getting the disease is relatively low. But then again, the reason they keep posting things is to basically mock/inform people the unlikelihood of getting the disease. My problem is that it's nonstop. 

This isn't even the first strand of ebola to hit the U.S. It's just this years media focused pandemonium. But I digress. 

Remember all the swine flu crap a few years ago?  That was ridiculous.  Swine flu was barely more harmful than the common flu, but the news was keeping a running tally of all the people that were dying from it, even though it was about the same amount of people that usually die from the flu.

the worst news story that seemed to stick around for forever was the missing airplane.  Ukrane was on the verge of civil war and isis was taking over iraq, but a missing plane was all the news media wanted to talk about for like two months!