By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why are you still here?

Why do you keep coming back (Primarily)

The chartz! 108 35.88%

The peoplez/Forumz! 78 25.91%

The articlez! 3 1.00%

The adz! (lol) 9 2.99%

I don't know.... I shoul... 102 33.89%

Total:300

The Alts,we come here for the Alts

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Fun speculating and talking about my hobby i guess?

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

AZWification said:

Honestly.......... I don't fucking know!

if you dont tell people to give toastboy some slack, who will? that is your purpose..... thats why you are among us, to shed light on the darkness. to bring peace to troubled hearts, to introduce love to hatefull minds. to save us all. to give toastaboy some slack. 

Curious about chartz close to and around thursday.
forum side, banned for everything, there is only a billion game sites so its mook.

When I first signed up to this site, I was around 15/16 years old. I'm now 23. I was living in United Kingdom, I'm now a Hong Kong resident. I never held a job in my life and was in the closing years of secondary school. I've now graduated from University and have a lucrative career in an investment bank. I had never kissed a girl, I'm now in the second year of a relationship with a woman who I will probably marry in the future.

In short, I grew up here. Back when I first signed, I was an avid gamer. I miss those nights whether it was just me, or with friends, where I/we would order pizza, get in big bottles of coke, big bags of Dorito's and Haribos and just just game all night. I spent most of my free time on this very site - I loved the community, and I felt respected.

In college / uni, I developed (as most do) in my mind politically / philosophically, and I found that the politics section was the perfect mix of people where we could have healthy debate without feeling singled out, there were always multiple viewpoints, people shifting "allegiances", etc. A great time

As much as I love my life now, I miss the past. I can't have those nights in with friends anymore. Hell, I'm not even remotely in the same timezone as them. Between my career, my relationship, maintaining contact with people back West, and all the other crap that comes with being an adult, games are almost a no-go. One or two hours a week, if I'm lucky (and that includes time spent on the crapper with my phone).

But I still have vgchartz, that's my blast from the past. I'm like the retired cop who kept hold of his radio. It's why I stick around. I get so much joy out of seeing old faces around here, even if I never interacted with them before they departed (looking at you super_etecoon).

I might try and give something back to the community. I'll have a think.

Around the Network
QUAKECore89 said:
AZWification said:

What? I'm being honest! I really don't know why I keep coming back here.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

News.
And also elsewhere in the internet you cant be a ninty fan without bring considere a kid.

AZWification said:
QUAKECore89 said:
AZWification said:

What? I'm being honest! I really don't know why I keep coming back here.

Be honest, you come back for my posts. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

super_etecoon said:
@ DerpSandwich...

You are going to get a lot of responses. This thread will probably be colored blue for you for a while. I appreciate your honesty and hope you don't get flamed just for stating what you obviously have felt for a while. We've all gone through that I think. The reason, though, that your probably keep coming back is like many other users have said, it's actually not that bad here...compared to a lot of places.

In general this site holds people more accountable regarding facts. There are many users here who know most of the charts by heart and who you can count on to enter a thread and eliminate much of the BS that would get a pass in other forums.

I also think that while you are right about certain members creating many, many threads...you'll find that we get as much enjoyment out of mocking them for it as they do for posting them, so it kind of works out. There was a time I think as the last generation was winding down that the site got completely dominated by childishness and spam threads. I left then. But I've poked around since then and it has gotten a lot better. I think that has to do with the new generation ramping up again.

well...good luck figuring out your conundrum...but hopefully you'll just be the change you want to see here. If you think the site should be different, then add your input and commentary (as you have just done). If nothing else you'll exercise some demons.

You're right, it's better in ways.  I came here after I finally escaped IGN, which really just turned into an awful garbage pile.  The trolls there are given ironic celebrity status and upvoted to top comment every time, then everyone just builds the entire discussion off of that, so every last comment section on every last article is just...  No.  I must never look back.  [shudders]

About the mocking thing, I guess I would be more satisfied if said mocking included more than a little eye roll and an "Oh [username], you're so silly!"  Just the fact that each troll thread gets filled up with replies and encourages the trolls to keep doing what they're doing just infuriates me.  But I've got to tell myself that if that's what makes everyone happy, more power to them.  This is the system that the users of this site enjoy, so if witnessing it bugs me I've just got to step away.

Thanks for your encouragement though; I'm actually pleased to have only gotten understanding responses so far.  I try not to bring this stuff up too much, beause everyone else seems happy.  And I NEVER dare to call out people on their garbage threads, because I know I would just get one of those smiling, trolley responses that would only remind me that there is literally no way to get through to them, and I would look like the fool.  But I can still daydream about doing it...

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Fusioncode said:

Be honest, you come back for my posts. 

Maybe........... or maybe not!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---