By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - IGN/Sony: 360,000 PS4's sold in Spain. 7:1 with Xbox One

TheFallen said:
~5% undertracked is a good margin of error for the first 11 months.

I'd agree. Credit where its due, that is very good tracking from ioi

Around the Network

i am the only human in spain that doesn't like ps4, maybe i'm strange XD

kowenicki said:
Ninsect said:
ethomaz said:
Ninsect said:
Anyone know how this compares to PS3/360?

From GAF.

2.5:1 was the PS3:360 attach rate.

Lifetime? What about sales and the ratio after one year?

Well, by 2009

360 sold 675k  (one year more on market)

PS3 had sold 1.25m

Wii 2m

Shrinking market?  I think so.

By 2009 when??, December or January??, if it's at December, that's 4 years on the market for X360, 3 years for Wii, and 2'5 years for PS3. PS4 and XBO sums 410k 1 less than a year, WiiU maybe sums 100k more.

Just wait 2 more years to make this comparison, because most people here still play in last gen consoles because there still no real reason to jump to new gen. And you talk like Spain is the only shrinking market in the world.....We know this gen won't sell as much as the previous one, the only console that will not be affected for this will be PS4, but XBO and WIIU will sell a lot less than its predecessors. 

kowenicki said:
Ninsect said:

Well, by 2009

360 sold 675k  (one year more on market)

PS3 had sold 1.25m

Wii 2m

Shrinking market?  I think so.

No wonde really, considering how fucked their economy became.

Ninsect said:
ethomaz said:
Ninsect said:
Anyone know how this compares to PS3/360?

From GAF.

2.5:1 was the PS3:360 attach rate.

360 had 100% market share. PS3 didn't launch until about 16 months after the 360.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

#Dead

Wow thats a massive turn around and I think more shocks will happen over the next few months in europe as more and more people continue to move to PS4 in europe. It's going to be a very difficult area for MS to turn this around.

As for shrinking market, PS4 is still tracking very well against PS3 I believe... it's Wii-u and XBO that are looking like they are going to struggle to get 40m this gen. Next year should be massive for PS4.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Not very surprising, to be honest. After all you have to remember that:

1-Spain is sometimes Sonyland because how biased towards Sony it it. Hell, people here say "Play" instead of saying "consoles".

2-If during the PS3/360 era Microsoft couldn't convince gamers to buy its console despite costing less, imagine how badly they would do with a console that was 100 € more. At least they have fixed that now.

3-Sony puts a lot more efford in marketing than both MSoft and Nintendo together.

And let's not forget the disaster that was the unveiling of the XboxOne with the always on connection and kill of the used games market, something very important around here.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

This will help VGC to be accurate :)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

JEMC said:

Not very surprising, to be honest. After all you have to remember that:

1-Spain is sometimes Sonyland because how biased towards Sony it it. Hell, people here say "Play" instead of saying "consoles".

2-If during the PS3/360 era Microsoft couldn't convince gamers to buy its console despite costing less, imagine how badly they would do with a console that was 100 € more. At least they have fixed that now.

3-Sony puts a lot more efford in marketing than both MSoft and Nintendo together.

And let's not forget the disaster that was the unveiling of the XboxOne with the always on connection and kill of the used games market, something very important around here.

I can't even begin to tell you how many people till this day tell me that MS is using the Kinect to watch people or the NSA is watching people through the kinect. People seriously believe it. I'm not saying it hasn't,can't or will never happen just that I honestly wouldn't care. If the X1 was the more powerful system I would have got it instead of the PS4. If they were the same and same price would have stayed with Xbox because I had a 360 and don't want ot lose my achivements.

Using VGChartz numbers that 360k vs 50k would acount for

8% of Europe PS4´s market and 4% of XOne´s...

Hunn, may be UK realy affects the balance in XOne favor.