By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - IGN/Sony: 360,000 PS4's sold in Spain. 7:1 with Xbox One

Not surprising. Spanish gamers really need to try consoles from other companies though...

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
not a very fair comparison. xbox is only out in 13 regions of spain while ps4 is in 70+.

Are there a Chinatown in Spain too?

Because seems like Xbone won NPD with the China's launch in US.

MoHasanie said:
Not surprising. Spanish gamers really need to try consoles from other companies though...

Nah, that's more your opinion. They tried that last gen and got a sour taste in their mouths. I know i did.

MoHasanie said:

They did, last gen. Seems like they wanted to come back to Playstation after a short stop away

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
kitler53 said:
not a very fair comparison. xbox is only out in 13 regions of spain while ps4 is in 70+.

X1 only has 1.3 shelves per store while PS4 has 7.2. It's easy to see how the ratio could become 7:1 with such a disadvantage

Actually, from what I saw during my holiday in Spain the shelf space is usually split evenly, or only slightly in favour in PS4

Around the Network
Xevross said:
Ninsect said:
kitler53 said:

X1 only has 1.3 shelves per store while PS4 has 7.2. It's easy to see how the ratio could become 7:1 with such a disadvantage

Actually, from what I saw during my holiday in Spain the shelf space is usually split evenly, or only slightly in favour in PS4

That's what people said about the 70+ vs. 13 countries argument too! They said X1 was actually available in more countries than 13! 

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Nobody can tell me 13:1 for a calendar year was "expected" or "not surprising", assuming that estimation is true. Going from 2.5:1 to that is a MASSIVE jump, or a massive fall in X1's case.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
sully1311 said:

GAF estimates:

Spain up to 2013

PS4 - 157,000
One - 35,000

Spain in 2014

PS4 - 203,000
One - 16,000

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134316998&postcount=93

Now that's madness! 
Almost 13:1 in 2014??

Still some will say X1 is doing well...No,it's selling really really bad in the world except in UK and US

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Hiku said:
Ninsect said:
Nobody can tell me 13:1 for a calendar year was "expected" or "not surprising", assuming that estimation is true. Going from 2.5:1 to that is a MASSIVE jump, or a massive fall in X1's case.

I thought it was 2.5:1 to 7:1? Is 13:1 confirmed?

~Edit~
Accidental double post.

13:1 so far this year

Hiku said:

Ah, I see that now. So what did the 7 to 1 comment refer to? Just this past month?

7:1 is lifetime