By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - IGN/Sony: 360,000 PS4's sold in Spain. 7:1 with Xbox One

method114 said:
JEMC said:

Not very surprising, to be honest. After all you have to remember that:

1-Spain is sometimes Sonyland because how biased towards Sony it it. Hell, people here say "Play" instead of saying "consoles".

2-If during the PS3/360 era Microsoft couldn't convince gamers to buy its console despite costing less, imagine how badly they would do with a console that was 100 € more. At least they have fixed that now.

3-Sony puts a lot more efford in marketing than both MSoft and Nintendo together.

And let's not forget the disaster that was the unveiling of the XboxOne with the always on connection and kill of the used games market, something very important around here.

I can't even begin to tell you how many people till this day tell me that MS is using the Kinect to watch people or the NSA is watching people through the kinect. People seriously believe it. I'm not saying it hasn't,can't or will never happen just that I honestly wouldn't care. If the X1 was the more powerful system I would have got it instead of the PS4. If they were the same and same price would have stayed with Xbox because I had a 360 and don't want ot lose my achivements.

The fear that someone could be watching us may have had some negative effect too, but not a very big one.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
method114 said:
JEMC said:

Not very surprising, to be honest. After all you have to remember that:

1-Spain is sometimes Sonyland because how biased towards Sony it it. Hell, people here say "Play" instead of saying "consoles".

2-If during the PS3/360 era Microsoft couldn't convince gamers to buy its console despite costing less, imagine how badly they would do with a console that was 100 € more. At least they have fixed that now.

3-Sony puts a lot more efford in marketing than both MSoft and Nintendo together.

And let's not forget the disaster that was the unveiling of the XboxOne with the always on connection and kill of the used games market, something very important around here.

I can't even begin to tell you how many people till this day tell me that MS is using the Kinect to watch people or the NSA is watching people through the kinect. People seriously believe it. I'm not saying it hasn't,can't or will never happen just that I honestly wouldn't care. If the X1 was the more powerful system I would have got it instead of the PS4. If they were the same and same price would have stayed with Xbox because I had a 360 and don't want ot lose my achivements.

The fear that someone could be watching us may have had some negative effect too, but not a very big one.

I don't know I didn't think it made a big deal either but so many people have said this to me I'm shocked at this point.

sully1311 said:

GAF estimates:

Spain up to 2013

PS4 - 157,000
One - 35,000

Spain in 2014

PS4 - 203,000
One - 16,000

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134316998&postcount=93

Now that's madness! 
Almost 13:1 in 2014??

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Dark_Feanor said:
Using VGChartz numbers that 360k vs 50k would acount for

8% of Europe PS4´s market and 4% of XOne´s...

Hunn, may be UK realy affects the balance in XOne favor.

UK Xbox One sales are around 50% of Europes X1 sales according to this site.

In Portugal its around 15 to 1 . its bigger than japan.

Around the Network

not a very fair comparison. xbox is only out in 13 regions of spain while ps4 is in 70+.

MikeRox said:
Ninsect said:
ethomaz said:
Ninsect said:
Anyone know how this compares to PS3/360?

From GAF.

2.5:1 was the PS3:360 attach rate.

Lifetime? What about sales and the ratio after one year?

360 had 100% market share. PS3 didn't launch until about 16 months after the 360.

I mean launch aligned obviously!

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Dark_Feanor said:
Using VGChartz numbers that 360k vs 50k would acount for

8% of Europe PS4´s market and 4% of XOne´s...

Hunn, may be UK realy affects the balance in XOne favor.

XOne favor?? The UK represents >50% of X1's Europe sales so this isn't surprising.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

kitler53 said:
not a very fair comparison. xbox is only out in 13 regions of spain while ps4 is in 70+.

X1 only has 1.3 shelves per store while PS4 has 7.2. It's easy to see how the ratio could become 7:1 with such a disadvantage

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

kitler53 said:

Classy joke is classy.! Well done my friend!