By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ethomaz' heart-attack: Infos about Gran Turismo 7 :)

Blood_Tears said:
It's about time we're hearing something about this game considering this is the only racer that actually sells.

I think your forgetting about the king of sales when it comes to racing games MK.

Around the Network

The series is know for its delays so always go with the later date so 2016 for GT7 at the earliest.

Tachikoma said:
after the letdown that was gt5 and the cashgrab that was gt6, im just going to stick with gt4

I just hope that Yamauchi and Polyphony Digital finally fix the engine sounds. If they get that straightened out, then I'll be gravy.

Hiku said:

I skipped GT6. Was it a real new game compered to GT5 or more like a patch?

It had 11 new tracks to a total of 39 with 83 total layouts, a lot more tracks with day/night and weather, 200+ new cars, new special events and ofcourse all the improvements to GT5 over time. Faster menus and loading in particular. A rather big patch ;)

Unfortunately GT6 also removed some things, like the 3 to 24h endurance races (half hour max in GT6 campaign), user generated tracks and procedural rally races in the campaign. You do get to drive on the moon and participate in the Goodwood festival of speed.

Free DLC includes another track, Ayrton Senna tribute, and some extra cars.

I haven't played GT6 as much as GT5, still long enough to get the platinum trophy and it's still fun to boot up now and then and knock of the new seasonal events.

I hope they overhaul the multiplayer in GT7. Much faster loading times, a timer in the lobby system showing when the next race will start (for lobbies that are set on automated race starts) and/or estimated time until the current race finishes. Ability to drive on a separate instance of the track with others that didn't make it into the current race.

Higher limit of players in multiplayer. Special endurance events. Participate in endurance races with 200 cars on track, different classes battling it out together on Le mans and Nurburgring.

And I want the Isle of Man TT road course. Add motorcycles or not, I'll be happy driving cars on there :)

Tachikoma said:
after the letdown that was gt5 and the cashgrab that was gt6, im just going to stick with gt4

Agreed. But many people just sees the brand name. Plus there is a good possibility that GT4 car assets might be carried to GT7.

Around the Network

Kyuu said:

I was also disappointed with GT5 at release but it ended up being a great game over the time with all the updates. The core mechanics has been great since the release but it was suffering similar issues to those of Destiny. it needed tons of polish.

But other than nostalgia, I don't see what is it that makes GT4 more appealing..

GT5 was a game ahead it time... it have a lot of feature I miss in GT6 for example... I really miss play GT5.

ethomaz said:
The standards cars have unique feel/handing...

So they need to be in the game even if some guys here don't want... it is a racing simulator and not something like DriveClub or FH2.

I hope they do something with the standard cars.

They need to make those bitches look up-to-par with the premium cars or something. I feel like EVERY car included in this game should look next-gen.

Maybe they should hire like 20 new employees in the design area of their company to handle those standard cars.

Gran Turismo 6 was the first GT game I skipped, so I look forward to jumping back in with GT7. Sooner is better, as long as it isnt rushed. Ill be happy with a Q1/Q2 2016 release date, honestly.

The VGC database lists the release date as 2020

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Considering how loaded 2015 is for the PS4, I say Fall/Winter 2016 will be a very good time to release GT7. By then, PD will have 2 more years to finish developing and polishing their game.