By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I sell my XB1 and get a PS4?

Kerotan said:
It's ridiculous how theadjustmentbureau can say something about PS4 having exclusives coming to PC when earlier he was telling me how titanfall is a great xbox exlusive/ the funny thing is if that half baked game interested me i'd play it on my alienware and it would perform better than on his xbox one.

Pot calling the Kettle black and all that!

Around the Network

I say get the PS4. Some developers aren't making games with parity in mind so the PS4 version of multiplat games will look and feel nicer. The ones that make parity games are bitches though.

The only thing you'll be missing out on is exclusives, and if the xbone exclusive lineup doesn't appeal to you then it doesn't matter.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

AkimboCurly said:

Long Answer: Based on your priorities you need to consider 3 things. 
1. CoD advanced warfare has more preorders for Xbox One than any other platform. Hence, it is logical to assume that the largest player base will be there. There is also the early DLC for xbox platforms, and platform parity.
2. Exclusive Games. There aren't any great PS4 exclusive games. If you weren't able to fall in love with Gears, Halo, Titanfall, Forza Horizons, Left 4 Dead, or the future prospects of Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, Quantum Break, Scalebound or Crackdown, then you won't fall in love with Playstations breif collection (of Infamous and DriveClub). 
3. Timing. Xbox One is just getting warmed up at this stage, with a constant supply of exclusives for the forseeable future. PS4 doesn't get any more notable AAA exclusive games until the end of 2015 (with Uncharted 4, and Bloodborne), in fact, no more are arrving this year.

That's quite a lot of misinformation.  I love how you've listed all the games that haven't come out on XB1 yet and you've listed none for PS4.

PS4 has The Order & Bloodborne coming in spring.  What exclusives are coming out on XB1 in 1st half of 2015?

My 8th gen collection

I would do it. If money was tight I wouldn't want to pay for two subscriptions and I would disconnect the Xbox One. I play the PS4 much more often. Lately I play my Wii-U more than my Xbox One. You also get more for your money in free content with PS+.

Basically I do
3rd Party games: PS4
Exclusives: Respective consoles

RealGamingExpert said:
daredevil.shark said:

You wont regreat it. Playstation has everything that others are offering plus more. So its a great investment.

Does it have free online? Miiverse? No?

Seems like it doesn't have everything...

Ahem. He said Playstation, not Playstation 4, and the PS3 has free online and PS Home (for now) sooo....

I know he meant PS4, but I just had to

Around the Network

Get both, you're halfway there.

AkimboCurly said:
Short Answer: No.

1. CoD advanced warfare has more preorders for Xbox One than any other platform. Hence, it is logical to assume that the largest player base will be there. There is also the early DLC for xbox platforms, and platform parity.
2. Exclusive Games. There aren't any great PS4 exclusive games. If you weren't able to fall in love with Gears, Halo, Titanfall, Forza Horizons, Left 4 Dead, or the future prospects of Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, Quantum Break, Scalebound or Crackdown, then you won't fall in love with Playstations breif collection (of Infamous and DriveClub).
3. Timing. Xbox One is just getting warmed up at this stage, with a constant supply of exclusives for the forseeable future. PS4 doesn't get any more notable AAA exclusive games until the end of 2015 (with Uncharted 4, and Bloodborne), in fact, no more are arrving this year.

You have to ask yourself why you are buying it. The only reason would be a graphical upgrade. I respect any decision you choose, so long as you have fun, but do consider these points.

Wow. Everyone, read this post and take it as an example of an extremely biased person. I'll counter him just for fun.

1. The pre-orders for advanced warfare are in the US only, not globally, where the PS4 will do way better. If you really think that this CoD will do better on the Xbox One, then you need to snap back to reality.

2. Which of the games there are out and exclusive to the XBOX One yet? Zero for now, in a while Sunset Overdrive. And you don't seriously think that Infamous and DC is all the PS4s got, do you? 

3. Remind me, what exclusives does the XBO have announced for 2015? The PS4 has Uncharted, The Order, Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank re-imagined, Until Dawn, The Tomorrow Children and More. Do you even believe what you're saying yourself?

360 won in Aussie if I'm not mistaken or at east it was extremely close. But I believe in Aus and NZ things have changed dramatically.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Avro1958 said:
AkimboCurly said:
Short Answer: No.

You have to ask yourself why you are buying it. The only reason would be a graphical upgrade. I respect any decision you choose, so long as you have fun, but do consider these points.

So much wrong with this I don't even know were to start... 

Lol. I didnt know February is considered end of the year  

“Ore no... Kachi da!”

SuperMarioWorld said:

I'm thinking about selling my XB1 and getting a PS4 this week. I'm kinda mostly a COD scrub so I really like the fact that PS4 has a much larger user base and that's probably a huge positive for online games like COD in the future. I live in Australia and COD Ghosts on XB1 is pretty much a ghost town.  

I'm a massive Nintendo fan and already have a Wii U but I also play a bit of COD, Titanfall and a few other games like Trials and NBA 2K on XB1. I'm not really into any other Xbox franchises like Halo or anything like that. I loved COD on the 360 and have friends on that so I followed my friends and got a XB1 recently. I'm sure it's great for many other kind of games but for COD Ghosts it's a miserable experience.  

What genres are you into?