By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I sell my XB1 and get a PS4?

in my opinion you should sell that expensive junk and buy a ps4.

everyone know that playstation home consoles gets much more games than xbox and nintendo.

this year is not very good for ps4.

driveclub, the last of us, infamous second son, infamous first light, little big planet 3, natural doctrine, bound by blame as exclusive games...

but the year 2015 oh my friend...

bloodborne, the order 1886, tearaway, until dawn, uncharted 4, ratchet and clank reborn, deep down, rime, get even, etc..

as other games from third party that not has plans to release for xbox one like: guilty gear Xrd, shadow of the beast, 

and the last reason i can give you and the most important..

5,4 million xbox one and 11,4 million ps4. all third party when create a new game will be think on ps4 first.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
If you got an XB1, then you must have got it for a reason. I say stick with it and see how things go down the line.

he could of gotten it for a reason that didn't turn out to be true. He must have expected more from it and 1 thing was the aussie COD community transferring over. That doesn't appear to have happened in big enough numbers. 

PS4= PS3+Xbox 360 = PS4 is actuation of every gamer dream = first time ever most powerful console while leading on sales = if the trend is continuing, you will see in near future 3rd party exclusive and 1st party exclusives optimize for the PS4 = more games, more variant, more user base, more exclusivity, and trusted brand since 1994 :). But if you have more money it's better to keep your Xbox or maybe after you get more money later on, buy Xbox One for the exclusives.

If you're thinking of selling it do it now before it gets another price cut and loses even more value. The PS4 as they say in the ads is #4theplayers.

I've a ridiculous games library for the PS4 and it hasn't even been a year yet. Some of the indies are actually great and if you like them you'll love the PS4 especially with the games lined up for next year.

And an added bonus, you get the superior multiplats for 90% of games. It's always nice knowing you've made the right choice!

I think you should trade in your old friends and get new one with benefits...

Yeah, friends with benefits, definately. Niiiiccccccccccce.

Just a fun tid bit of info for you. A higher population count of females play on PSN. Just bringing that to the table, unless you would rather not take a chance of interacting with the female gender cause there is nothing wrong with that either.

Around the Network

eh, if you are not really interest in first party games from Sony, i suggest just sticking with the xb1, unless you can get a lot of your money back from the xb1.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

daredevil.shark said:
Get a PS4. Xbox One is great but PS4 offers a much differentiated gaming experience. From regular COD, anime, JRPG, awesome first party games to charming games like little big planet are only in PS4.

You just recommended a series of things the PS4 doesn't have...yet?

@ OP

As an owner of both consoles, I can say there is no major differentiator between them at this point. For the money you'll lose in a trade-in (especially in Australia, like we are), it would be crazy to trade in one of these two consoles for the other, in either direction.  Most people recommending you do so would be making that recommendation on a hope and a prayer.

If you had a great time with the Xbox 360, the same franchises and more will be on the Xbox One. If your friends are already on the same platform, there is literally no good reason to consider this change.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Arkaign said:
NobleTeam360 said:
So you want to sell your Xbone because of a bigger user base? I wouldn't say that's even a good excuse to sell it, you already have an Xbone that can play cod and all the games you listed so what's the point? but hey if you really want a PS4 then go for it.

He is in Aus, which has a small X1 playerbase, so for online competitive gaming he's better off with PS4 as long as it's not expensive. Then re-buy the X1 down the line.

If he was in the US it'd be a no brainer to keep the X1 imho.

There's also probably much fewer people playing when he wants to play since Australia is in a different timezone and most X1 owners are from North America. So that could explain the long waiting times.  

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

You have been with this site for more than a year now, you already know the answer you will get.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I hate what these kind of threads become, nothing more than a mass spew of bias with only a very small that remain open to other choices, makes me glad I'm a fence sitter since I don't have to choose one side and force myself to downplay the other in order to make my choice appear subjectively and objectively the best choice for everyone.

I would suggest you keep your XB1 though as there will be games coming out for it contrary to some people here claiming they won't have anything good at all and besides selling your XB1 means you won't have access to any of their exclusives, sometime down the road you'll eventually see something you'd want from the XB! and either wish you still had it or complain that it hasn't come to the other console you chose, I feel the latter is the worst result and it's usually 100% brought n by the person, not the company, this is why I'm going for a Wii U first, XB1 second and PS4 sometime down the road with my PC being my main for the time being and my 3DS for on the go as I want to cover as many bases as possible without limiting myself to a single platform and invoking Stockholm syndrome.

But if you really want to sell it then do so but realize that in doing so you really shouldn't complain when the XB1 has something you want because you still have it and you should know it's your choice and it will affect you.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"