By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you getting a WiiU?

Are you getting a WiiU?

Already own one 573 66.01%

Yes, before 2014 is over 63 7.26%

Yes, by the end of 2015 64 7.37%

No 100 11.52%

view results 68 7.83%

Total:868

Definitely. Next year, I hope. I totally need SM3DW, Pikmin 3, NSMBU, Bayonetta and Captain Toad.

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
Going by the poll you'de think the WiiU is as popular as the PS2 was! Tells you something about the voters here eh? Personally i don't see myself getting one as i just don't like how the console operates. My disinterest in it's game catalog is of course another reason why i don't see myself buying one.

It may have something to do with me putting the poll in the Nintendo section.  It wasn't my intention to skew any results by doing that. Mostly I think everyone just uses the hot topics on the front page anyway. Really, though...the true data in this poll is the ones that aren't getting it vs the ones that are (either in '14 or '15).  The "already own" option removes those voters from the equation.

I feel like I am the only one here who bought it to play Wind Waker HD and for the Zelda Bundle...

Honestly I like it. It's backward compatibility to the Wii is what draws me (I have a huge backlog of Wii games to finish). Now I don't have many Wii U games for it. I only have 5 (LoZ: WW, Nintendo World, MK8, Earthbound and Hyrule Warriors). That being said I think it's the best 8th generation console for me. Every game I want to play on the PS4 is on the PS3 as well (more powerful HD graphics is not enough for me to buy a system). Plus, I'm getting bored of FPSers so the Wii U is a fresh breath for me... .

And I will be getting Bayonetta 1+2 and Smash for it as well.

I honestly feel bad for those without it and those dumb enough to sell it.

Quite frankly, it's currently the console with the most good-great titles this gen.

I have one since Launch but I need to get one more for brother as his birthday present.

Around the Network

It just isn't compelling enough for me. Nintendo still plays it too safe. Games like Bayonetta and Devil's Third show some balls but I need more than the same old mascots.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Got mine last November. No regrets.

bubblegamer said:
Going by the poll you'de think the WiiU is as popular as the PS2 was! Tells you something about the voters here eh? Personally i don't see myself getting one as i just don't like how the console operates. My disinterest in it's game catalog is of course another reason why i don't see myself buying one.

Just curious what kind of games do you like 

I don't think I'll buy one. I already know what I'm buying.

Experimental42 said:
I honestly feel bad for those without it and those dumb enough to sell it.

Quite frankly, it's currently the console with the most good-great titles this gen.

QFT