By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you getting a WiiU?

Are you getting a WiiU?

Already own one 573 66.01%

Yes, before 2014 is over 63 7.26%

Yes, by the end of 2015 64 7.37%

No 100 11.52%

view results 68 7.83%

Total:868
super_etecoon said:

I'm sure this thread already exists...but it's always interesting to see updated results as games are released.

If you are planning on getting one, but haven't yet, what's holding you back?  Is it your own finances?  Are you waiting for a specific title?  Do you think you'll take the plunge before the end of 2014?

You should put this topic in a different part of the forum, if you are asking the Nintendo crowd many will already have it.

I have mine since october 2013, very happy with it, till it lost all kind of third party support, now I will have to buy a powerful PC or a second console.

Around the Network
flagstaad said:
super_etecoon said:

I'm sure this thread already exists...but it's always interesting to see updated results as games are released.

If you are planning on getting one, but haven't yet, what's holding you back?  Is it your own finances?  Are you waiting for a specific title?  Do you think you'll take the plunge before the end of 2014?

You should put this topic in a different part of the forum, if you are asking the Nintendo crowd many will already have it.

I have mine since october 2013, very happy with it, till it lost all kind of third party support, now I will have to buy a powerful PC or a second console.

You're right...guess I should have put it in the gaming forum.  Can a mod move it?  I don't think I can without creating a new thread.

I got mine in April of 2013 and NEVER been HAPPIER with a system purchase, Wii was alright with homies over but quickly faded, GameCube was great loved it, PSOne and PSTwo were the last TOTALLY Satisfying purchases until this one.

Owned one since December 2012

Nope, at least not until Fire Emblem and Zelda are out.

Around the Network

I bought one last year because I had money, I hadn't owned a Nintendo home console since the N64 and never played through Windwaker properly though I love Zelda games. Over the last year my overall gaming experience has been more colourful and less shooter orientated than it has been in some time.

I like that they're making games and not interactive movies. I like plots but in some ways many 3rd parties aren't heading in the direction I want from gaming. When playing many linear plot orientated shoot em ups I end up longing for the days of Duke Nukem 3d: finding key cards, flicking switches and finding secret rooms and routes.

I wish Nintendo had made a 3d Mario game in the style of Mario 64 or Sunshine but what Nintendo supplies is a range of gameplay orientated games like Pikmin 3, W101, Mario 3d World, and DK:TF. They really won me over - despite some software droughts.

Games with strong varied gameplay mechanics that stand out from my last decade of gaming... And Windwaker HD is a awesome game.

Maybe some people are suffering from Nintendo fatigue but having missed out on the gamecube and Wii they feel fresh.

Depends but maybe in 2015.

I've sold my wiiU in august. I do not need it for the future.

Not till its 99.99 and has minimum of 10 games i want, right now maybe 3/4 i want.

Going by the poll you'de think the WiiU is as popular as the PS2 was! Tells you something about the voters here eh? Personally i don't see myself getting one as i just don't like how the console operates. My disinterest in it's game catalog is of course another reason why i don't see myself buying one.