By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like Destiny or are you just conditioned to?

LudicrousSpeed said:
ethomaz said:

jlmurph2 said:

Also, how do you praise a PvP so much for being balanced when you're constantly getting a negative K/D ratio? Man I'd be pissed if people kept killing me like that. Oh well.

What that have anything to do with PVP balanced/unbalanced lol?

What make a PVP balanced:

- You can be good with any weapon/class/gears
- Skill/habilities have strong and weak points
- Teamwork > Solo
- Skilled > Casuals

BTW about my K/D ratio... how I managed the 25 k/d bountie if I have a negative K/D? how I managed the 500 kills with arc if I have a negative K/D? How I managed the 10 kills without death if I have a negative K/D? How I get my medals for kills in a row if I have a negative K/D? I think you need to thing about that first... how much of this K/D ratio was at start of the game when I was bad? How much is now? Everytime I play serious? Do you accounted sometimes I to bounties like 30 grenades kills that make me die a lot?

Just invite me for some sessions and you can see how I play and if I'm bad or good... I think it will give you a better ideia.

I think the answer to all of those questions in your post is just basic math. That, and you're wrong about the 25 bounty. It's a spread, and it also counts assists, and you get a bonus for one or two of the classes IIRC, don't remember which. So a game where you go 10-13 and get 8 assists is actually +5, not -3 to the bounty.

Also, going by your definition of balanced, pretty much every PVP ever made is balanced. At least you are finally admitting there are some bullshit weapons in PVP. Only a day or two ago you were on here trying to say the  was balanced just fine for PVP LOL. What changed your mind? I guess you finally got wrecked by one.

Yeap... tell you that when I killed 8 guys in row for the bountie without die lol you are trying to guess how I play and that is funny.

I do thing the weapons are balanced... I kill guys with the Mythoclast... that didn't mean they can't be improved... I wish Thorn and Bad Juju get better for example.

Be cool and play the game ;)

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Yeap... tell you that when I killed 8 guys in row for the bountie without die lol you are trying to guess how I play and that is funny.

I do thing the weapons are balanced... I kill guys with the Mythoclast... that didn't mean they can't be improved... I wish Thorn and Bad Juju get better for example.

I... don't know what you are trying to say in the first sentence.

You can think the weapons are balanced. Others can disagree. Like you said, opinions are opinions. Killing a guy who is using one of the broken weapons doesn't mean anything. I killed loads of guys running One Man Army Pro in MW2, didn't make it any less broken.

LudicrousSpeed said:
ethomaz said:

I... don't know what you are trying to say in the first sentence.

You can think the weapons are balanced. Others can disagree. Like you said, opinions are opinions. Killing a guy who is using one of the broken weapons doesn't mean anything. I killed loads of guys running One Man Army Pro in MW2, didn't make it any less broken.

You are jumping conclusions without ever played with or againt me...  or even see how I got the bounty in three matches... that is funny... you can continue.

Yeap opinions... the game is really something unique in the actual same shooters... loving it... your example didn't make itt less unbroken too.

I get already... you don't like the game... just move on.

TheAdjustmentBureau said:
Destiny is an alright game with flaws. Bungie have done way better. If people on ps4 who never played a bungie game before think destiny is great then halo would blow you away. Halo is a far better game than destiny. This isn't some wired sour Xbox fans bs. It's a real fact. I've been playing bungies games for years. Masterchief collection is your holy frail if you think destiny is great.

Not a fact. Definitely not a fact. It is an opinion with which most people who have played both would probably would agree.

OT: I haven't played it and probably never will and though you do have a point that some people probably play it for a number of reasons other than thinking it's a great game or even are under the impression that they like it for x reasons, you still need to realize that some people actually love it for what it is. I'm sure we've all loved games that "everyone" hated so it's possible that they're not just "conditioned to".

ethomaz said:

You are jumping conclusions without ever played with or againt me...  or even see how I got the bounty in three matches... that is funny... you can continue.

Yeap opinions... the game is really something unique in the actual same shooters... loving it... your example didn't make itt less unbroken too.

Care to explain what conclusion is being jumped to? Do you have some logic or reasoning or excuse that defies the laws of mathematics? Because I gotta say, that would be incredible. So you got such and such spree or you got such and such bounty in such and such amount of games. Awesome! But you later did something else to bring your K/D back down to 0.6 or whatever. It's math. That's all. Nothing to do with how you play or anything like that.

Put it simpler for you. The NFL's Bucs are 1-4. If I were to tell a Bucs fan they have a .25 win/loss ratio, they could say "but they beat the Steelers! And they played so well against the Saints!  And they only lost to the Rams by two!" Well that's all fine and dandy, but math. Math.

What you asked, is "how did I do these with a negative K/D?". The simple answer is math. Hope that helps.

Regarding the unbalanced weapons, what you're saying is that for a weapon to be unbalanced, the person wielding it must never ever die? Because otherwise, you maybe killing someone sometimes who is using one of the broken joke PVP weapons, is irrelevant.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
It's a loot game, so there is an addictive type element that will keep some people playing even if they don't think it's a great game. Also, there's not much else to play at the moment.

This, I put 40 hours into Destiny because getting some decent loot became a goal. That doesn't mean I necessarily enjoyed most of the time I spent with it.

That was my most anticipated game of the year, but now I'm having more fun chipping away at my backlog.

I agree, i simply like the rpg elements of it. Even if the game is nothing especial, and honestly if DA: inquisition had already released that would be the game i would be playing. But since i bought the ps4 bundle with destiny and i can't sell it (no bar code) i might as well play it even if i'm having a slight obove average enjoyment out of it.

LudicrousSpeed said:
ethomaz said:

Care to explain what conclusion is being jumped to? Do you have some logic or reasoning or excuse that defies the laws of mathematics? Because I gotta say, that would be incredible. So you got such and such spree or you got such and such bounty in such and such amount of games. Awesome! But you later did something else to bring your K/D back down to 0.6 or whatever. It's math. That's all. Nothing to do with how you play or anything like that.

Put it simpler for you. The NFL's Bucs are 1-4. If I were to tell a Bucs fan they have a .25 win/loss ratio, they could say "but they beat the Steelers! And they played so well against the Saints!  And they only lost to the Rams by two!" Well that's all fine and dandy, but math. Math.

What you asked, is "how did I do these with a negative K/D?". The simple answer is math. Hope that helps.

Regarding the unbalanced weapons, what you're saying is that for a weapon to be unbalanced, the person wielding it must never ever die? Because otherwise, you maybe killing someone sometimes who is using one of the broken joke PVP weapons, is irrelevant.

Again jumping conclusions...

One easy example... when I talk with my girl on phone while playing I die a lot... more? I have a K/D ratio doing the grenade bounty of 0.1-0.3 lol

How that stats shows the game is unbalanced is out of my mind... or that means I'm a good or bad player lol... you guys didn't have a point and focus on my K/D ratio for?

It is laughable.

ethomaz said:

Again jumping conclusions...

One easy example... when I talk with my girl on phone while playing I die a lot... more? I have a K/D ratio doing the grenade bounty of 0.1-0.3 lol

How that stats shows the game is unbalanced is out of my mind... or that means I'm a good or bad player lol... you guys didn't have a point and focus on my K/D ratio for?

It is laughable.

Ok I see what happened, you're just mistaken and putting words into my mouth. Where did I say you're a bad player? Why are you asking questions you yourself can answer? "how can i get a +25 k/d bounty if i have a bad k/d"... well how about the bolded part of your post?

Of course, what your ratio DOES tell us is you either don't take the PVP very seriously, or you aren't good at it. Both it which are clear indications no one should put much stock into what you say about it. That, and the BS about the mythoclast.

I just feel unexcited about the game, especially now that I have FH2 oddly enough! I just don´t get that feeling that I hoped for, so I haven´t played it much. will dive into it later in the fall though, I hope.

ethomaz said:
ethomaz said:
Destiny is an alright game with flaws. Bungie have done way better. If people on ps4 who never played a bungie game before think destiny is great then halo would blow you away. Halo is a far better game than destiny. This isn't some wired sour Xbox fans bs. It's a real fact. I've been playing bungies games for years. Masterchief collection is your holy frail if you think destiny is great.

I played all Halo and Festiny is completely different... you are comparing apples to oranges lol.

Destiny has MMO elements which arebweak compared to mmos. But the story and coop gameplay in halo is way better. And the multiplayer in halo eats destinys alive. So yes halo doesn't have MMO elements. But it is way better to play with friends on halo. Its afar more balanced and beautiful gameworld.

Again... no comparison lol

But if you want compare Destiny PVP is miles ahead Halo 4 MP for example.

I respect your opinion. Therefore there is no point in discussing this further, as I don't think destiny comes close to any halo title.