By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like Destiny or are you just conditioned to?

jlmurph2 said:

Im just gonna go ahead and say I disagree with this whole post. Poor maps? There were at least some balanced maps and not totally asymmetric. Poor playlists?? Destiny has 5 playlists that only goes up to 12 players. (Iron banner is not a playlist since you're playing nothing but the same Control every time). Poor loadouts? Try spawning in with a freaking power weapon that can one shot anyone in the game. I guess you dont worry about randomly spawning weapons since you can choose whatever power weapons you want by going to the start menu. Weak progression? Destiny's is combined with its pve player level progression besides marks and rep which do nothing after level 3. And then you say poor matchmaking of all things. You cant even TALK TO YOUR MATCHMADE TEAMMATES in Destiny! Thats the poorest thing I've ever seen. You say theres no best weapon and then admit a few are OP. Lol the game is so unbalanced I lone-wolfed a few games of Iron Banner and got 31 kills one game. The fact that you can gain super from other people using their super is broken in pvp. But then again, you wont acknowledge the flaws of Destiny.

You can disagree and don't change what I said.

Opinions are opinions.

Why we can continue like that: me and others play the game and you and other didn't play

There is games for everybody.

And the part you fill super from others guys using supers incentives the team work... another amazing ideia from bundle... if you don't want teamwork play Rumble... it is for you.

You need coordenation, teamwork and skills in Destiny PVP... that is balanced to me... the weapons and super have weak and strong points.

Around the Network

I'd also add the fact they wasted that money. And will play the game to get its worth out of it. The same happend with all those shitty NES games. You had to beat it because you wasted $50. Even if it was crap.

ethomaz said:

jlmurph2 said:

Im just gonna go ahead and say I disagree with this whole post. Poor maps? There were at least some balanced maps and not totally asymmetric. Poor playlists?? Destiny has 5 playlists that only goes up to 12 players. (Iron banner is not a playlist since you're playing nothing but the same Control every time). Poor loadouts? Try spawning in with a freaking power weapon that can one shot anyone in the game. I guess you dont worry about randomly spawning weapons since you can choose whatever power weapons you want by going to the start menu. Weak progression? Destiny's is combined with its pve player level progression besides marks and rep which do nothing after level 3. And then you say poor matchmaking of all things. You cant even TALK TO YOUR MATCHMADE TEAMMATES in Destiny! Thats the poorest thing I've ever seen. You say theres no best weapon and then admit a few are OP. Lol the game is so unbalanced I lone-wolfed a few games of Iron Banner and got 31 kills one game. The fact that you can gain super from other people using their super is broken in pvp. But then again, you wont acknowledge the flaws of Destiny.

You can disagree and don't change what I said.

Opinions are opinions.

Also, how do you praise a PvP so much for being balanced when you're constantly getting a negative K/D ratio? Man I'd be pissed if people kept killing me like that. Oh well, takes skill amirite? 

Destiny wasn't really on my radar until I got the Alpha invite. I had a lack of games in my personal library for that weekend and thought "why the hell not" and hit the download. After that I knew it was a game I was gonna buy and enjoy.

My continued enjoyment of it, even now, is almost exclusively due to the social aspects of the game though. It is a hell of a lot of fun to jump into a strike with two friends and "shoot the shit" about the day while mindlessly killing Phogoth for the 85th time. When I don't have any friends online I find myself only doing a bounty or pvp match or two, then logging in favor of other timesinks though.

All that said, I feel like I genuinely enjoy the game. It isn't a trained thing.

jlmurph2 said:

Also, how do you praise a PvP so much for being balanced when you're constantly getting a negative K/D ratio? Man I'd be pissed if people kept killing me like that. Oh well.

What that have anything to do with PVP balanced/unbalanced lol?

What make a PVP balanced:

- You can be good with any weapon/class/gears
- Skill/habilities have strong and weak points
- Teamwork > Solo
- Skilled > Casuals

BTW about my K/D ratio... how I managed the 25 k/d bountie if I have a negative K/D? how I managed the 500 kills with arc if I have a negative K/D? How I managed the 10 kills without death if I have a negative K/D? How I get my medals for kills in a row if I have a negative K/D? I think you need to thing about that first... how much of this K/D ratio was at start of the game when I was bad? How much is now? Everytime I play serious? Do you accounted sometimes I to bounties like 30 grenades kills that make me die a lot?

Just invite me for some sessions and you can see how I play and if I'm bad or good... I think it will give you a better ideia.

Around the Network

I like destiny. It's flawed but it is fun.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

i love destiny just like i loved WoW exclusively for 7 years. it's a great game.

Objectively, most reviewers put 'grinding' in a very negative light. As well as the need to devote several hours per play session to get anything out of the experience. And then, some reviewers and players are more impartial to some genres and particular characteristics of games over others.

I generally figure games may not be as bad as Metacritic figures them to be, but not as good either.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I think a lot of the criticisms or the game are fair. I really enjoyed going through the story mode and became addicted. Then you start the grind. Playing the same levels over and over to up your level and get better weapons so that you can compete in PvP. Even though the PvP is suppose to balanced across levels, it still feels like individuals with Exotic primary weapons have a huge advantage. Although I want to play more and get to level 30, the excitement that I originally felt for this game has turned into boredom. Looking at several more hours of repetitive game play just to get to FWC rank 2.

It was a fun month of gameplay but I am ready to move on to something different.

kitler53 said:
i love destiny just like i loved WoW exclusively for 7 years. it's a great game.

Do you think you will play Destiny for another 7 years? Or might something else take it's place?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016