By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like Destiny or are you just conditioned to?

I understand all too well that MMO elements are designed to make players addicted to them. I played FFXI for a decade even when it was a terrible game.

However, I'm more concerned with the fact that companies benefit more from marketing a poor game than actually making a decent game that people would want to play. What's more, it's becoming an ever more common strategy to brainwash people into liking the game before it releases, handicap the game intentionally out of the gate, and then provide "fixes" to problems you caused, so you can gain more publicity for your ongoing support and how much better you're making the game.

Around the Network

It is one of the best games I ever played in my life.

To be fair it changed my gaming life.

Destiny is an alright game with flaws. Bungie have done way better. If people on ps4 who never played a bungie game before think destiny is great then halo would blow you away. Halo is a far better game than destiny. This isn't some wired sour Xbox fans bs. It's a real fact. I've been playing bungies games for years. Masterchief collection is your holy frail if you think destiny is great.

TheAdjustmentBureau said:
Destiny is an alright game with flaws. Bungie have done way better. If people on ps4 who never played a bungie game before think destiny is great then halo would blow you away. Halo is a far better game than destiny. This isn't some wired sour Xbox fans bs. It's a real fact. I've been playing bungies games for years. Masterchief collection is your holy frail if you think destiny is great.

I played all Halo and Festiny is completely different... you are comparing apples to oranges lol.

Etho have you ever played an MMO?

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

I played all Halo and Festiny is completely different... you are comparing apples to oranges lol.

Destiny has MMO elements which arebweak compared to mmos. But the story and coop gameplay in halo is way better. And the multiplayer in halo eats destinys alive. So yes halo doesn't have MMO elements. But it is way better to play with friends on halo. Its afar more balanced and beautiful gameworld.

ethomaz said:

Destiny has MMO elements which arebweak compared to mmos. But the story and coop gameplay in halo is way better. And the multiplayer in halo eats destinys alive. So yes halo doesn't have MMO elements. But it is way better to play with friends on halo. Its afar more balanced and beautiful gameworld.

Again... no comparison lol

But if you want compare Destiny PVP is miles ahead Halo 4 MP for example.

Experimental42 said:
Etho have you ever played an MMO?

WoW, LOL, FFXIV... I don't remember others.

It is not the MMO features that make Destiny Awesome.

Can you explain why it's better? I was just seeing if you'd been exposed to the grind and how susceptable you were to addictive elements.

ethomaz said:
ethomaz said:

Again... no comparison lol

But if you want compare Destiny PVP is miles ahead Halo 4 MP for example.

Destiny's PvP is what people didn't like about Halo 4's multiplayer x10. Tell me exactly what makes it better?