By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like Destiny or are you just conditioned to?

ethomaz said:

jlmurph2 said:

Also, how do you praise a PvP so much for being balanced when you're constantly getting a negative K/D ratio? Man I'd be pissed if people kept killing me like that. Oh well.

What that have anything to do with PVP balanced/unbalanced lol?

What make a PVP balanced:

- You can be good with any weapon/class/gears
- Skill/habilities have strong and weak points
- Teamwork > Solo
- Skilled > Casuals

BTW about my K/D ratio... how I managed the 25 k/d bountie if I have a negative K/D? how I managed the 500 kills with arc if I have a negative K/D? How I managed the 10 kills without death if I have a negative K/D? How I get my medals for kills in a row if I have a negative K/D? I think you need to thing about that first.

If all that balanced stuff were true about Destiny's PvP dont you think you'd have a better Crucible rating and K/D? Obviously someone's taking advantage of how unbalanced it is against you. You have to accept that there are ways to take advantage of the multiplayer and then you can at least be decent. 

You most likely grinded a while to get those exotic bounties done. Because +25 KD accumulated over a good amount of games doesn't mean much when you're negative 503 and have a K/D of .68.

Oh and I see your edit about then and now. Well now you're negative 7 games in a row. I wouldn't want you on my fireteam dude.

Around the Network
fleischr said:
kitler53 said:
i love destiny just like i loved WoW exclusively for 7 years. it's a great game.

Do you think you will play Destiny for another 7 years? Or might something else take it's place?

I can't imagine anyone playing Destiny for 7 years, unless they do some revolutionary (for their game, not necessarily for the industry) with DLC and that 10 year support thing actually does come to fruition.

I played Dark Age of Camelot (MMO) for about 6 years, and I can't imagine that I will be playing Destiny in the beginning of 2015 when a lot of the new titles I am excited for release.  Let alone in 6 years...

jlmurph2 said:

If all that balanced stuff were true about Destiny's PvP dont you think you'd have a better Crucible rating and K/D? Obviously someone's taking advantage of how unbalanced it is against you. You have to accept that there are ways to take advantage of the multiplayer and then you can at least be decent.

You most likely grinded a while to get those exotic bounties done. Because +25 KD accumulated over a good amount of games doesn't mean much when you're negative 503 and have a K/D of .68.

Yeap and I did the 25 K/D in three matches... five for the 500 kills * you get +5 for kills and -2 for deaths *

how much of this K/D ratio was at start of the game when I was bad? How much is now? Everytime I play serious? Do you accounted sometimes I to bounties like 30 grenades kills that make me die a lot?

And no... it is balanced... I can play and kill competive with the top players without they or me having any advantage.

Like I said just invite me for some sessions and you can see how I play and if I'm bad or good... I think it will give you a better ideia... if we are in different team you can even choose my weapons

fleischr said:
kitler53 said:
i love destiny just like i loved WoW exclusively for 7 years. it's a great game.

Do you think you will play Destiny for another 7 years? Or might something else take it's place?

It will be played this generation... how long you guess this generation will last?

ethomaz said:

jlmurph2 said:

Yeap and I did the 25 K/D in three matches... five for the 500 kills * you get +5 for kills and -2 for deaths *

how much of this K/D ratio was at start of the game when I was bad? How much is now? Everytime I play serious? Do you accounted sometimes I to bounties like 30 grenades kills that make me die a lot?

And no... it is balanced... I can play and kill competive with the top players without they or me having any advantage.

Like I said just invite me for some sessions and you can see how I play and if I'm bad or good... I think it will give you a better ideia... if we are in different team you can even choose my weapons

See my edit about your edit.

Around the Network

jlmurph2 said:

You can play against me... that is what I want not to be part of your fireteam.

ethomaz said:
fleischr said:
kitler53 said:

It will be played this generation... how long you guess this generation will last?

I just have a hard time figuring how well Destiny legs out once we get other major tentpole shooters out there like Halo, Battlefield, Evolve, Dying Light, Far Cry, and others release.

I don't hold anything against people really liking the game, but putting it on a pedestal as GOTG is really premature given the reception of the game. I think Activision is already considering what options they have other than Destiny. They may still come up with something *better* than Destiny.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:

I just have a hard time figuring how well Destiny legs out once we get other major tentpole shooters out there like Halo, Battlefield, Evolve, Dying Light, Far Cry, and others release.

I don't hold anything against people really liking the game, but putting it on a pedestal as GOTG is really premature given the reception of the game. I think Activision is already considering what options they have other than Destiny. They may still come up with something *better* than Destiny.

It is not GOTG it is a game to be played the whole generation.

It is way different terms.

Halo 3 is a game to be played the whole generation... Halo 4 not... neither were GOTG... see the difference?

fleischr said:
kitler53 said:

i have the first 2 expansions on pre-order already.   i don't think i'll play destiny has exaclusivly as i did WoW but yes,..  i imagine i'll be playing destiny for the entire generation.  i love raiding a dungeon with a group of friends more than anything wrt gaming.  it is a very different type of gameplay than i think console-gamers are used to but it is increadibly satisfying to take on a nearly impossible boss and via a highly organized strategy and perfect excecution overcome impossible odds.

when my guild took down Ragnaros for the first time 39 of 40 players wiped and the last warlock standing kited the fire elementals for about 30 seconds and got in the last punch just after using "fear" (or whatever the lock version was called as i played a priest) to buy those last precision few seconds of time.   if you having played a game like WoW i don't know if i can even begin to describe the joy derived from taking on something sooo difficult but overcoming it with intelligence, teamwork, and persistance.  that first rag kill is seared into my memory as much as meeting my wife for the first time or graduating college or other life changing events.  

i've had a ton of these "by the skin on my teeth" moments in destiny already.  it is soo much more satisfying than halo or killzone or really any other console game you could ever possibly mention.   the only console game that comes close is demon's souls another favorite franchise of mine.

ethomaz said:

jlmurph2 said:

You can play against me... that is what I want not to be part of your fireteam.

Sorry but Destiny's poor matchmaking doesn't allow custom games.