By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like Destiny or are you just conditioned to?

No, I just genuinely like it a lot. It is very satisfying to play, and I'm a huge fan of both science fiction and of RPG elements. I'm on board with all of their future plans and will keep supporting the IP, as I'm already very satisfied with my purchase.

I tested this game pretty extensively pre-release for Activision, as well.

Right now, I think more people are being conditioned -not- to like it by the clickbait nature of our gaming media and "journalism."

Around the Network

jlmurph2 said:

Sorry but Destiny's poor matchmaking doesn't allow custom games.

You can create a 6 players fireteam and enter in a 3x3 match that it will divide the guys... just a few tries will put me in the oppostie team.

Custom match will come... that is another great Destiny feature to hold the whole generation.

fleischr said:
ethomaz said:

It will be played this generation... how long you guess this generation will last?

I just have a hard time figuring how well Destiny legs out once we get other major tentpole shooters out there like Halo, Battlefield, Evolve, Dying Light, Far Cry, and others release.

I don't hold anything against people really liking the game, but putting it on a pedestal as GOTG is really premature given the reception of the game. I think Activision is already considering what options they have other than Destiny. They may still come up with something *better* than Destiny.

the thing about halo or whatever is it isn't even close to the same game as destiny.

you'll do a once through on the 6 hour campain and then play the same 8 multiplayer pvp maps for the next year before moving on to the sequel.   it literally makes my mind explode when people say destiny has a lack of content and is too repetitive then go on to play team death match pvp matches for 300 hours...

for me (i don't like pvp) games like halo, battlefield, evolve offer me next to no content at all.  for the same $60 as halo i'd rather buy 6 indies because i'll be entertained for 10x more time at least,.  maybe more.   destiny gives me what i want,.. replayable co-op multiplayer.    i used to buy an occasional shooter like killzone but i don't know if i ever will again,. too low on value.

kitler53 said:

the thing about halo or whatever is it isn't even close to the same game as destiny.

you'll do a once through on the 6 hour campain and then play the same 8 multiplayer pvp maps for the next year before moving on to the sequel.   it literally makes my mind explode when people say destiny has a lack of content and is too repetitive then go on to play team death match pvp matches for 300 hours...

And you can play 300 hours PVP on Destiny too if you wish.

I agree with you.

Destiny give you the freedom to play what you want when you want... it really give the player the choice to focus where he wants.

You don't need another shooter.

ethomaz said:
kitler53 said:

And you can play 300 hours PVP on Destiny too if you wish.

I agree with you.

Destiny give you the freedom to play what you want when you want... it really give the player the choice to focus where he wants.

of course you can,.. i put in about an hour and it just reaffirmed what i really already knew.   i fucking hate pvp.   pvp can suck my fucking dick.

so long as destiny is the ONLY game giving as much effort to co-op multiplayer as pvp multiplayer it will likly be the only shooter i buy.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

jlmurph2 said:

Sorry but Destiny's poor matchmaking doesn't allow custom games.

You can create a 6 players fireteam and enter in a 3x3 match that it will divide the guys... just a few tries will put me in the oppostie team.

Custom match will come... that is another great Destiny feature to hold the whole generation.

No you can't. Cap on skirmish salvage and rumble is 3 man fireteams you should know that etho. That's another simple feature that should be a launch feature. Especially in a Bungie game. But maybe it'll come in DLC.

Played the beta, loved it
Played day 1 release, loved it
still playing it
Don't know why really, it's just fun as hell for me
1x lvl 23 warlock, 1x lvl28 hunter (maxed both subclasses), 1x lvl 2 Titan that I just started
If it's conditioning, then colour me conditioned lol, I don't care.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

People call this grinding? Heh, they must have never experienced Disgaea.

Destiny ain't got shit on Disgaea. Believe me, I know. You try reaching lvl 9999.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

brainwashing... the masses are easily led, look at politics for example, or the "console wars"

It's why Assassin's Creed of Duty is so massively popular

ethomaz said:

jlmurph2 said:

Also, how do you praise a PvP so much for being balanced when you're constantly getting a negative K/D ratio? Man I'd be pissed if people kept killing me like that. Oh well.

What that have anything to do with PVP balanced/unbalanced lol?

What make a PVP balanced:

- You can be good with any weapon/class/gears
- Skill/habilities have strong and weak points
- Teamwork > Solo
- Skilled > Casuals

BTW about my K/D ratio... how I managed the 25 k/d bountie if I have a negative K/D? how I managed the 500 kills with arc if I have a negative K/D? How I managed the 10 kills without death if I have a negative K/D? How I get my medals for kills in a row if I have a negative K/D? I think you need to thing about that first... how much of this K/D ratio was at start of the game when I was bad? How much is now? Everytime I play serious? Do you accounted sometimes I to bounties like 30 grenades kills that make me die a lot?

Just invite me for some sessions and you can see how I play and if I'm bad or good... I think it will give you a better ideia.

I think the answer to all of those questions in your post is just basic math. That, and you're wrong about the 25 bounty. It's a spread, and it also counts assists, and you get a bonus for one or two of the classes IIRC, don't remember which. So a game where you go 10-13 and get 8 assists is actually +5, not -3 to the bounty.

Also, going by your definition of balanced, pretty much every PVP ever made is balanced. At least you are finally admitting there are some bullshit weapons in PVP. Only a day or two ago you were on here trying to say the Mythoclast was balanced just fine for PVP LOL. What changed your mind? I guess you finally got wrecked by one.