By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can Xbox One Outsell Wii U as Soon as November??

I don't think so and I hope it never passes Wii U

But I think it will mid 2015.

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
Devil_Survivor said:
mii-gamer said:

come november

Lmao its like a visual metaphor for all his threads.

Metaphor?

Are you telling me toastboy isn't a real panda?

He made me hate pandas :/

It could be by the end of this month.

Just wait for the shippment numbers.

It will not be far off at the end of the year but I Think it will pass by march next year and the gap will grow very much next year. MS do know how to be consistent, placing around 2nd each gen :).

Normchacho said:

Of course it will, but how many of those 9 weeks will it not outsell the WiiU by 184k units? Because remember that it doesn't just need to sell 184K units, it needs to outsell the WiiU by 184K units.

The week of 10/04 is the only week in October where it even has a shot of outselling the WiiU by 184k and it's still not a certainty. By the time November hits it will be way, way off of hitting it's average which will just bump the average it needs to hit in November.

Now, the Xbox One has COD and the MCC in November which will help sales but it won't be enough.

Do you know that were weeks in November that the 360 sold more than 900k units and in the best years sold more than 1M?

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41238/Global/

The 360, last sold 622k vs 299k of WiiU, during the Black Friday Week.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41609/Global/

And that was among the PS4 and XOne launch frenzy.

* Acording to VGChartz old number.

Around the Network

No maybe by January

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Not a chance. It will eventually next year.

toastboy44562 said:

and earn 1000000 million more sales by the end of the year. Thats my prediction!

1,000,000 Million more units??? Isn't that 1,000,000,000,000??? Lol 

Nope, it simply can't move that many consoles with the PS4 constantly stealing its thunder.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

mii-gamer said:
Devil_Survivor said:
mii-gamer said:

come november

Lmao its like a visual metaphor for all his threads.

Metaphor?

Are you telling me toastboy isn't a real panda?

I always thought he would be Pandaman out of One Piece ;p

As for the Xbox ONE outselling the Wii U in November: Dream on. The Sales of the Xbox had been boosted by the numerous releases of the Console in different countries troughout the month; add to this 2 extraordinary huge releases (Destiny and FiFA) and you'll get the reason why it had sales that high the last month. They will probably plummet below 100k next week and go down to 60-80k the weeks after that til the end of the month. That's still better than the Wii U but by far and large not enough to get past the Console this year, let alone November.