By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can Xbox One Outsell Wii U as Soon as November??

wary-wallaroo said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
Wow. Is the general consensus now that x1 probably won't outsell Wii U now?

Nah, I think most agree that it eventually will. The debate is about when. The X1 is doing pretty bad, but it's still not Wii U bad... well, at least not always.

Okay.  I was shocked for a moment there. 

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
Devil_Survivor said:
mii-gamer said:

come november

Lmao its like a visual metaphor for all his threads.

Metaphor?

Are you telling me toastboy isn't a real panda?

Well I was referring to the bear falling down in a comedic matter. But, now that you mention it that would make sense.

the way u should look at it is sept is launch month for the rest of the world so  x1 spikes are there for that reason , now come oct x1 will drop and find its nuetural sales on week by week basis , ps4 is out everywhere as the wiiu and continue to sell higher numbers, x1 had 5 million sold since april they only sold 700,000 in 5 months and about 400,000 came from the last few weeks for launching in the rest of the world and destiny. but u can bet it will drop under 75 -60 in oct. and the wiiu still sells at least 50-70 world wide so x1 needs to sell at least 150,000 more each week to even catch the wiiu.

It's on track to be very close. Basically, if X1 outsells it by at least 100k units a week (which has happened over september), it happens.

This is regardless of whether the sales are 150k/50k X1/WiiU or 700k/600k X1/WiiU.

Things have followed that pace so far this September.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

kowenicki said:
Normchacho said:
There is a gap of 1,651,742 according to VGC as of 09/27/14. There are 9 weeks until the end of November. The Xbox One would have to outsell the WiiU by 183,527 consoles EACH WEEK to pass it by the end of November.

To give you an idea of what a daunting task that is, the Xbox One hasn't even sold 183,527 consoles in a week this year. Not even Destiny week. Now it needs to outsell the WiiU by that much every week for the next 9 weeks? I don't even need to talk about what's coming out for the WiiU or how it will sell.

Not a snowballs chance in hell.

on average....

not every single week.

if you think the one wont sell a hell of a lot more than 180k in some upcoming weeks you are very mistaken.

Of course it will, but how many of those 9 weeks will it not outsell the WiiU by 184k units? Because remember that it doesn't just need to sell 184K units, it needs to outsell the WiiU by 184K units.

The week of 10/04 is the only week in October where it even has a shot of outselling the WiiU by 184k and it's still not a certainty. By the time November hits it will be way, way off of hitting it's average which will just bump the average it needs to hit in November.

Now, the Xbox One has COD and the MCC in November which will help sales but it won't be enough.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

"1000000 million more sales"

Xbox One to outsell PS2, DS, Wii, PS1 and Iphone combined confirmed.

fleischr said:
It's on track to be very close. Basically, if X1 outsells it by at least 100k units a week (which has happened over september), it happens.

This is regardless of whether the sales are 150k/50k X1/WiiU or 700k/600k X1/WiiU.

Things have followed that pace so far this September.

Not even close to true. If it outsells the WiiU by 100K units a week there is still a 750K unit gap between it and the WiiU. As I stated above the Xbox One needs to outsell the WiiU by and average of 184K units a week to pass it by the end of November.

On top of that the Xbox One has averaged a sales gap of 92K units over the WiiU with Destiny and Fifa coming out. That is half the gap it needs to maintain over the next two months.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Only if Halo MCC and Sunset Overdrive do their job. Multiplatform sales mainly boost PS4 so that'll eat some X1 Sales whereas Nintendo has no competition for their market.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

mii-gamer said:

come november

Good one!

I don't think it can. It had some big releases + new regions the last few weeks. Normal numbers for Xbox One aren't 100k+ and you should know that.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Who knows what the real gap is, I'm looking forward to shipments to help verify that. I certainly don't think it's as big as we have given they're going to be very close in shipments LTD.

Yes November is a possibility.