By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

Ah that's shit then. Here in Ireland you can call us anything you want and nothing offends us except maybe describing us as people from a particular country :P

Yeah I'd never use it as an insult but it's annoying that it's a slur because we call British the Brits, Turkish Turks, people from Manchester Mancs and I'm sure there are a million other examples that are not seen as offensive.

Around the Network

Another question.

There are a lot of Ninty fans on here. The last few days in particular it seems half the threads on the main page are about this game selling this much in 1 country or the wii u selling this much in another.

Any chance you get one of the ninty fans making them to do a super thread, say one for Wii U game sales discussion and another for Wii U console sales discussion.

Would make the place a lot cleaner IMO

Kerotan said:
Another question.

There are a lot of Ninty fans on here. The last few days in particular it seems half the threads on the main page are about this game selling this much in 1 country or the wii u selling this much in another.

Any chance you get one of the ninty fans making them to do a super thread, say one for Wii U game sales discussion and another for Wii U console sales discussion.

It wouldnt work and would just cause problems.  They have had official threads for big games before and tried to keep all the news/events isolated to those threads and it caused a lot of problems.  I dont think it is worth the headache... And what you are suggesting would be an even bigger headache...

Carl2291 said:
Conegamer said:
gergroy said:

Uh huh, sure you were

I actually was. Just waiting for confirmation from the head mod to post it!

Why do you need permision to make a thread that tells people to stop trolling on game walls?

I told people to not act like cunts without permission. Do you want to borrow my balls?

Look who just became my favorite mod. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Kerotan said:
Another question.

Nope, awful idea. This is a sales forum at heart and sales discussion is valued.

Around the Network

I'm interested in the process (and who has the power) to do alt checks. Do you get bothered when we ask you to check loads of suspect accounts ect? Do you check troublemakers often?

Seece said:

I'm interested in the process (and who has the power) to do alt checks. Do you get bothered when we ask you to check loads of suspect accounts ect? Do you check troublemakers often?

The new mods havent yet been granted the IP tools, as far as Im aware.

I dont really get bothered, as long as they arent repeat checks for users who show no signs of being alts.

Yes.

-I made a thread exposing Islam (I was wrong about my claim)

-I made a thread exposing Bible versions.

-I made another thread exposing Islam (I don't remember if I was wrong)

-I made a thread exposing the Roman Catholic Chruch.

-I made a third thread exposing Islam (Again, I don't remember if I was wrong)

I got banned for spamming, when the threads I made never fit the definition of spamming. I did post 3 Islam threads, but as simple "Keep it all in one thread", would have worked. I was warned to keep it at one thread per religion.

-After the 20-day-ban, I exposed a claim Muslims make about a verse in the Bible.

I got banned again, for spamming, because I did not follow the instruction to keep it at one thread per religion. I was expected to remember something written on a gaming forum 20 days before (This ban one was 30 days).

-I really spammed.

I got banned for 45 days, because of the previous misconceptions made about my post (In other words, it wouldn't be 45 days if I could have explained the situation, and if the mods listened with an open-mind.

-I decided to abandon the Nintentacle account, and use a new account.

-I gave the password to a dead account, so people could use it (Because I was done with the account)

-I was told that I couldn't do that, so I requested a perma-ban to the Nintentacle account.

I got perma-banned on the new account for sharing the password of an account no one was going to use otherwise.

I wouldn't have shared the password if I hadn't abandoned the Nintentacle account.

I wouldn't have abandoned the Nintentacle account if I hadn't gotten a 45 day ban.

I wouldn't have gotten a 45 day ban if I hadn't been unfairly banned the first two times I mentioned, and if I hadn't been banned the first time (If someone puts "Because Nintendo is gay" in a poll, when it isn't actually their opinion, that warrants taking off the poll or locking the thread IMO).

Question: WHY?!
Concern: That this crap will happen to other users.

The least you guys could do is remove the perma-ban on the Nintentacle account that I myself requested (You can leave the 45 day ban).

ManofBeastManagement said:

-I gave the password to a dead account, so people could use it (Because I was done with the account)

-I was told that I couldn't do that, so I requested a perma-ban to the Nintentacle account.

I got perma-banned on the new account for sharing the password of an account no one was going to use otherwise.

I wouldn't have shared the password if I hadn't abandoned the Nintentacle account.

I wouldn't have abandoned the Nintentacle account if I hadn't gotten a 45 day ban.

So... You were trying to dodge your ban?  I am sure they will let you start a new account if you want and perma nintentacle... But you will have to wait for your ban to end.  You can't create a new account to dodge a ban, it is against forum rules.  

gergroy said:
ManofBeastManagement said:

So... You were trying to dodge your ban?  I am sure they will let you start a new account if you want and perma nintentacle... But you will have to wait for your ban to end.  You can't create a new account to dodge a ban, it is against forum rules.  

No, I planned on replacing Nintentacle with Nintesuscorpion, and then, in my own words "come back on February 4th or 5th to respect the ban."