By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

SWORDF1SH said:
starcraft said:

particularly given the prescribed subject matter of the thread changed over time.

You keep saying this. The thread is pretty simple really. List of exlcusives. Talk about list of exclusives. Help build and correct list

Yeah... But list wars always end in bloodshed... It is one universal truth that I have witnessed visiting gaming forums over the years.  The reason is because people will always assign their own subjective value to games that make one list more valuable then the other and will defend it passionately.  So you can make a thread like that again after e3, but just know it will be a bloodbath.  People will get banned and the thread will most likely end up locked.  It is the very nature of the Internet...

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
starcraft said:

To be fair, we try to take note of this sort of thing.

If a user was to be borderline in this thread, then another thread next week, and so on, we'd take note. And we'd begin to look at that as the 'stealth trolling' being discussed a couple of days ago in this thread.

But it is very difficult to moderate that and we always piss a lot of people off when we try too.

But yes, I agree that its irritating when a thread you put a clear amount of work into gets shut down. I would encourage you to use the work you did and take a second look in future!

Looking back at thread starcraft, although I did have a few run ins with you, I remember it being more intense than I do now. I still didn't like the was you put across somethings and you had a few digs at thread topic and claimed that I already knew the results by twisting what I said. Other than that I think some of it was crossed wires and some of it you do make sense. It's actually nice to see this type of comment from you. In fact I'm feel a little sorry for being harsh on you. Shouldn't of said some of the things I said.

Still feel the same about super6646 though.

I appreciate you saying that.

When I came onto the mod team, they paid particular attention to the belief that 'your posts follow you around.'

Rightly or wrongly (there was a time when it was rightly ) I am seen as the 'Xbox mod.'

So its always been understood that I was going to have to pay special attention to what I post, as ultimately a lot of people are going to look at those posts through the prism of my having an xbox-driven agenda.

When I wrote my first post in that thread, my goal was to shoot down the stuff the guys were saying about W10 apps 'turning it all around.' But I think its fair to say I could have worded it better - and that I paid insufficient heed to the fact I was the xbox mod, walking into a thread full of Sony fans. It cuts both ways. People sometimes deal it out to me pretty harshly because of my posting history - but at the same time I have to do what I can to make my posting above reproach now.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

I appreciate you saying that.

When I came onto the mod team, they paid particular attention to the belief that 'your posts follow you around.'

Rightly or wrongly (there was a time when it was rightly ) I am seen as the 'Xbox mod.'

So its always been understood that I was going to have to pay special attention to what I post, as ultimately a lot of people are going to look at those posts through the prism of my having an xbox-driven agenda.

When I wrote my first post in that thread, my goal was to shoot down the stuff the guys were saying about W10 apps 'turning it all around.' But I think its fair to say I could have worded it better - and that I paid insufficient heed to the fact I was the xbox mod, walking into a thread full of Sony fans. It cuts both ways. People sometimes deal it out to me pretty harshly because of my posting history - but at the same time I have to do what I can to make my posting above reproach now.

Nothing wrong with having a preference and nothing wrong with having strong opinions. Would be a very dull world if we all like the same thing. What does matter though is how you express your opinion and how respectful you are towards others opinions. I actually misunderstood your W10 app post at the time. I think things snowballed from there.

Guys I'm in the middle of using the exclusives to identify the quality of each list. I would like to know what you think.

The way I'm doing it assigning a rating to each game. The ratings come from gamesranking.com. For unrleased games I'm using an average of the last 3 games from the - series/developers games on that console/games from developer- in that order of priority. From that we can then get an average from the whole library of exclusive. I will also keep the exclusives grouped by type. I'm actually intrigued to find out and as of the moment have no idea of the outcome.

To get the thread off on the right track, is there anything you think I should change or put in OP.

SWORDF1SH said:

Guys I'm in the middle of using the exclusives to identify the quality of each list. I would like to know what you think.

The way I'm doing it assigning a rating to each game. The ratings come from gamesranking.com. For unrleased games I'm using an average of the last 3 games from the - series/developers games on that console/games from developer- in that order of priority. From that we can then get an average from the whole library of exclusive. I will also keep the exclusives grouped by type. I'm actually intrigued to find out and as of the moment have no idea of the outcome.

To get the thread off on the right track, is there anything you think I should change or put in OP.

It is just going to end badly...

Around the Network
gergroy said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Look, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of all these claims in a subjective manor. Either prove them right or wrong. First PS4 had no games then it was PS4 had games that nobody wants and now I'm going to find out if the claims that Sony has Quantity over quality is true.

If people can't handle what I present then it's not my problem but theirs. But my last thread where people made a list of games that they wanted to play went ok, no reason why this can't.

SWORDF1SH said:
gergroy said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Look, I'm just trying to get to the bottom of all these claims in a subjective manor. Either prove them right or wrong. First PS4 had no games then it was PS4 had games that nobody wants and now I'm going to find out if the claims that Sony has Quantity over quality is true.

If people can't handle what I present then it's not my problem but theirs. But my last thread where people made a list of games that they wanted to play went ok, no reason why this can't.

Seems like you are trying to make a thread for the whole forum aimed at maybe a couple people????   Seriously, list wars always end badly.  There is always and inherent implication that one system is better due to more or better quality exclusives.  However, people's taste are so different that they would rather have one game versus the entirety of all the other games on the other list.  So arguments erupt... It always happens...

if if I were you, I wouldn't make a thread about it.  If somebody makes the claim then you can counter it.  However, that is certainly not a claim I see repeated very often and certainly isn't worth the inevitable moderations just to counter the claim of a couple people...

SWORDF1SH said:

I would ask a mod in a pm if you can add rules to the thread like "can only discuss after voting" or "thread not meant for arguements, don't post just to argue.". Stull like that. If someone starts trying to argue/debate without voting, report them for being off topic and for trying to derail the thread. I noticed in the other threads, a few users didn't vote and kept trying to argue with everyone. 

bananaking21 said:
Conegamer said:
bananaking21 said:

still waiting on a reply for this issue. 

I believe Smeags said it was taken care of a couple days ago. Is that not sufficient? 

obviously no. i came in here to discuss the issue, and even said so in my post.  i didnt come in here so actions would be taken, i came in here to discuss the results of the actions that were taken, and why they turned out that way. the simple question is, are mods above the rules? because the simple conclusion here is, yes, they sure as hell are.

Whatever happened to this?

bananaking21 said:

well when you all have time to discuss it let me know. no rush. (this might have sounded sarcastic, but i really wasnt being so.)

Truck has been extremely busy with work and has not been able to come to the forums/modchat. I like to talk about mod issues with other head mods.

Meanwhile you're making untrue assumptions that help no one and accomplish nothing. So ease off the gas pedal please.

I talked to StarCraft. The appropriate measures have been taken. The post in question has been moderated. He understands that he needs to be more careful in how he voices his opinions. He already realized his error in the thread, before anyone talked to him. So I'm content that this can be put behind us with confidence. Sorry again for the wait, but I like to make sure we have all our grounds covered in things like this.

Thanks everyone for your understanding and patience. ^_^

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

To be honest with you, its nothing to do with you being " THE XBOX MOD " but some of the stuff you say and with the fact of you not only at that thread but some times before trash talking sony fans, this time you called sont fans petty other time you saying no one will play some games of that list he mention , you one time saying people buying the last of us remake on ps4 are suckers. Yojonhy was xbox mod and i did not see people looking at his posts through the prism of a xbox box driven agenda, its nothing about the title and more about the person.

I never thought there'd be a day where I would stick up for starcraft, but I don't see those opinions are fanbase targeting. List wars are often done for petty reasons, and I think it's a pretty fair thing to say in reference to the shifting priorities that happen. Especially with the background of how things have evolved over several years.

I don't think people would have had a problem with the post if starcraft wasn't the one who posted it.

As for the remaster statement, I haven't seen it so no comment from me.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.