By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

bananaking21 said:
bananaking21 said:

so its officially okay to call a fanbase or users petty now, right? because if so i want to go make a few wall posts. or do i need a green dash on my avatar that says "moderator" to be able to get a free pass? 

(and in case a mod here wonders about what i am talking about, a certain user called a certain fanbase petty, got reported, and nothing happened)

still waiting on a reply for this issue. 

I believe Smeags said it was taken care of a couple days ago. Is that not sufficient? 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
bananaking21 said:
bananaking21 said:

so its officially okay to call a fanbase or users petty now, right? because if so i want to go make a few wall posts. or do i need a green dash on my avatar that says "moderator" to be able to get a free pass? 

(and in case a mod here wonders about what i am talking about, a certain user called a certain fanbase petty, got reported, and nothing happened)

still waiting on a reply for this issue. 

I believe Smeags said it was taken care of a couple days ago. Is that not sufficient? 

obviously no. i came in here to discuss the issue, and even said so in my post.  i didnt come in here so actions would be taken, i came in here to discuss the results of the actions that were taken, and why they turned out that way. the simple question is, are mods above the rules? because the simple conclusion here is, yes, they sure as hell are.

Here's my thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=203522&page=1#

Starcraft recently locked it. My problem is that Starcraft as made it clear that he didn't like the thread from the start, he even encouraged flaming himself. Anyway one guy in the thread has been flaiming like hell and instaed of this 1 guy being moderated, starcraft used is as an excuse to lock the thread and I believe misuse of power. Can somebody please look into this.

Ka-pi96 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Starcraft recently locked it. My problem is that Starcraft as made it clear that he didn't like the thread from the start, he even encouraged flaming himself. Anyway one guy in the thread has been flaiming like hell and instaed of this 1 guy being moderated, starcraft used is as an excuse to lock the thread and I believe misuse of power. Can somebody please look into this.

Continuing here rather than in the other thread...

It was more than just one guy taking it off topic, I mean people were responding to him after all. Anyways, glancing over the last couple pages I can see why Starcraft would say it is going off topic. Although I disagree with this part of Star's locking post 'Mods have posted requests for it to get back on topic and no one has listened.' Didn't see much recent mod activity in there at all, I think before Star locked it there hadn't been a mod post for about 5 pages (10 posts per page).

Although chances are Star was the only mod on at the time and considering his only post after locking that thread was 3 hours later it looks like he left after locking the thread. In which case I can understand the lock. He either locked it then, or left it open while it was getting a bit messy with potentially no mods online to deal with it.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the thread itself, although some users were derailing it especially towards the end. So maybe you can get it unlocked, although I personally still think it would be better to start a new thread free of all the off topic/trolling etc that happened in the last one.

2 guys flamed. Starcraft and super6646. Without those 2 guys thread would of been fine. Why super6646 didn't get moderated is beyond me. He was the sole reason why the  thread was flamed for the last 24 hours. The other guys that were also off topic were responding to super6646 outrageous claims and lies, hard to ignore but maybe they should of for the sake of the thread. I even saw another mod having to talk to starcraft off topic to address some issues he also had with starcraft.

starcraft didn't like thread and for a mod to flame it and then lock it after allowing one person to flame it is unaccepable. VGC has the best forums, the standard of mods should match it and mostly does. Always show appreciation for what the mods do.

SWORDF1SH said:
Ka-pi96 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Continuing here rather than in the other thread...

It was more than just one guy taking it off topic, I mean people were responding to him after all. Anyways, glancing over the last couple pages I can see why Starcraft would say it is going off topic. Although I disagree with this part of Star's locking post 'Mods have posted requests for it to get back on topic and no one has listened.' Didn't see much recent mod activity in there at all, I think before Star locked it there hadn't been a mod post for about 5 pages (10 posts per page).

Although chances are Star was the only mod on at the time and considering his only post after locking that thread was 3 hours later it looks like he left after locking the thread. In which case I can understand the lock. He either locked it then, or left it open while it was getting a bit messy with potentially no mods online to deal with it.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the thread itself, although some users were derailing it especially towards the end. So maybe you can get it unlocked, although I personally still think it would be better to start a new thread free of all the off topic/trolling etc that happened in the last one.

2 guys flamed. Starcraft and super6646. Without those 2 guys thread would of been fine. Why super6646 didn't get moderated is beyond me. He was the sole reason why the  thread was flamed for the last 24 hours. The other guys that were also off topic were responding to super6646 outrageous claims and lies, hard to ignore but maybe they should of for the sake of the thread. I even saw another mod having to talk to starcraft off topic to address some issues he also had with starcraft.

starcraft didn't like thread and for a mod to flame it and then lock it after allowing one person to flame it is unaccepable. VGC has the best forums, the standard of mods should match it and mostly does. Always show appreciation for what the mods do.

Hello. Can you please point me to super6646's flaming? I had a pretty good look through. I could see him saying a lot of things the rest of you didn't like - but he actually seemed to be pretty careful not to flame anyone.

I believe you're referring to torilian - and we did in fact debate what it turned out was not your intended focus of the thread.

To be fair, you didn't fully articulate that purpose until well on our way to 200 posts. At which point I asked everyone to keep to the topic you had, by then, prescribed. In hindsight, I should also have asked you to update or modify the OP. But I failed to do that, so it didn't happen.

Ultimately, no other thread would have survived the level of flaming and off topic content that was occuring by the time it was locked, and neither did yours. For the record, I was the mod that ultimately locked the thread - but the lock was discussed in mod chat prior to that.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Maibe stwrcraft agrees with the dude and didnt want to ban him , in his mind he saw just a dude sharing his opinion.

Again, if I missed something, by all means bring it to our attention now. But it needs to be actual flaming, not just an opinion that the OP and supporters did not like.

If we moderate him for being off-topic (he was), we need to do the same to all those who were actively engaged with him.

Ka-pi96 said:

Right on the first page there is an iffy post that someone else replied negatively to and got moderated for doing so which was long before super showed up in the thread, so he may have been one of the reasons the thread got dragged off course but he wasn't the only reason and certainly wasn't the first.

As for the Starcraft stuff... maybe it would have been better if another mod had been there instead but yeah, I'd rather stay out of that

Not denying there were some negative posts. You're going to get that no matter what. But there were people that continuely were posting negative stuff in the thread. There were 2 and unbelievably one was a mod. That shouldn't be accepted. Like I said, VGC has high standards with it's forums.

SWORDF1SH said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Right on the first page there is an iffy post that someone else replied negatively to and got moderated for doing so which was long before super showed up in the thread, so he may have been one of the reasons the thread got dragged off course but he wasn't the only reason and certainly wasn't the first.

As for the Starcraft stuff... maybe it would have been better if another mod had been there instead but yeah, I'd rather stay out of that

Not denying there were some negative posts. You're going to get that no matter what. But there were people that continuely were posting negative stuff in the thread. There were 2 and unbelievably one was a mod. That shouldn't be accepted. Like I said, VGC has high standards with it's forums.

I am going to leave dealing with the part of this that pertains to me to a head mod - as is procedure here. You should do the same.

But as for the high standards to which you refer, they were not present in your thread. For nearly 100 posts it had been almost entirely off-topic arguing. People were flaming one another repeatedly. VGC has high standards, in part because threads in that state get shut down.

starcraft said:

Hello. Can you please point me to super6646's flaming? I had a pretty good look through. I could see him saying a lot of things the rest of you didn't like - but he actually seemed to be pretty careful not to flame anyone.

I believe you're referring to torilian - and we did in fact debate what it turned out was not your intended focus of the thread.

To be fair, you didn't fully articulate that purpose until well on our way to 200 posts. At which point I asked everyone to keep to the topic you had, by then, prescribed. In hindsight, I should also have asked you to update or modify the OP. But I failed to do that, so it didn't happen.

Ultimately, no other thread would have survived the level of flaming and off topic content that was occuring by the time it was locked, and neither did yours. For the record, I was the mod that ultimately locked the thread - but the lock was discussed in mod chat prior to that.

Wow! There you have it. Can another mod please go through it and tell me that super6646 wasn't flaming? If you wan't me to point to you where you should look, look at every single one of yours and super6646 posts.

I'm pretty sure I made it clear what the thread was about. Most people did, except you and super6646 of course.

SWORDF1SH said:
starcraft said:

Wow! There you have it. Can another mod please go through it and tell me that super6646 wasn't flaming? If you wan't me to point to you where you should look, look at every single one of yours and super6646 posts.

I'm pretty sure I made it clear what the thread was about. Most people did, except you and super6646 of course.

Saying 'there you have it' in lieu of providing evidence is not productive.

If you feel like every single one of super646's posts (letalone mine) was flaming, then I'd suggest we have a definitional dispute here, rather than a moderation concern.